Cost of Living in South Africa
Living in South Africa can cost an individual about 400 dollars a month which can be used to cover expenses like food, utility bills, accommodation and travel costs.
Tuition Fees in South Africa
Tuition fees for international students in South Africa are quite cheap and affordable when compared to those in most developed countries. The standard of learning is high class despite the low fees. Depending on currency fluctuations, tuition fees for LLM courses in South Africa are very cheap compared to other law schools around the world.
The R60,000, which is billed to international LLM students at the University of Cape Town, is one of the highest tuition fees in South Africa. In US dollars, this means about $ 4,500. Comparing this with a law school in the US with a similar ranking, it can be seen that the LLM tuition is reasonable..
Academic Calendar in South African Universities
Usually, the academic calendar in South Africa consists of two semesters. The first semester starts at the beginning of February and the second semester starts at the end of July.
Applying for a South African Universities
Applicants or candidates have the choice of either applying through the internet or through admission agencies. For those interested in applying through the internet, the following steps should be adhered to:
- Applicants should visit the web portal of the university they have chosen and make a request for an online application form.
- Applicants should fill the form with the right the information and upload the necessary documents
- Once done with the form, applicants should send it to the admission department of the university or send it to the address stated on the form
- Once the applicants’ form has been considered he or she will be sent an offer by air mail or Email
- After applicants have received the offer they should ask for a visa pack from the school so they can start processing their visa
- At this point, you are ready for your enrollment