The Buick Achievers Scholarship 2020 is open for high school seniors, high school graduates, or current postsecondary [undergraduate] students in any of the University in the United States.
Basically, this college scholarship program is proudly funded by the General Motors (GM) Foundation to rewards students who have succeeded both inside and outside of the classroom and who may not be able to attend college without financial assistance. It’s a reward for what you’ve made of yourself and the difference you are making for others.
The Buick Achievers Scholarship Program 2020 is awarding scholarship grants of up to $25,000 to the winning candidates.
It is a General Motors scholarship funded by the GM Foundation which has donated hundreds of millions of dollars to deserving charities, educational organizations and disaster relief efforts worldwide since 1976.
About the General Motors Foundation
General Motors (GM) Foundation has a very well organized company that provides opportunities for College Students, current information available on internships, co-op positions, and scholarships.
GM does not supply scholarships directly to students but sends funding to organizations that administer that type of financial aid. The BuickAchievers Scholarship Program continues to be one of the nation’s most impactful scholarship programs every year.
Buick Achievers Scholarship Program offers a Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) courses with a minimum GPA of 3.0 which is open for the residents of all 50 States. The status of enrollment is Full-time.
This is the seventh year Buick Achievers scholarships will be awarded to students who have an interest in studying science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM), excel in the classroom, and give back to their communities.
Special consideration is given to students who are female, minorities, first-generation college students, military veterans and military dependents. Since its inception in 2011, the Buick Achievers Scholarship Program has awarded more than $28 million in scholarships to 3,450 students.
The GM Foundation has donated hundreds of millions of dollars to supporting Education, Health and Human Services, the Environment and Community Development initiatives, mainly in the communities where the company operates.
The Buick Achievers Scholarship Program most recently handed out 1,100 scholarships, 100 of which were renewable for a maximum of four years and worth as much as $25,000 per year.
Those in an Engineering program lasting five years are eligible for another year of support while the other 1,000 scholarships are one-time gifts of $2,000 each. The Buick Achievers site describes the qualifications it looks for in applicants as leadership in school, devotion to scholastic achievement, and participation in volunteer work.
Buick Achievers Scholarship Program 2020 Eligibility
Applicants to the Buick Achievers Scholarship Program 2020 must:
- Be high school seniors, high school graduates, or current postsecondary undergraduate students.
- Plan to enroll in the full-time undergraduate study at an accredited four-year college or university [Proprietary and online schools are not eligible] based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico for the entire 2020 academic year.
- Demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in the automotive or related industries using these areas of study.
- Be U.S. citizens and have permanent residence in the United States or Puerto Rico.
- Plan to major in a course of study that focuses on Engineering/Technology or selects Design related programs of study.
You can check the list of eligible majors through the given link: https://buickachievers.scholarshipamerica.org/majors.php
Level/Field of Study
Buick Achievers Scholarship is open to high school seniors, high school graduates, or current postsecondary [undergraduate] students in any of the University in the United States.
Get access to other Undergraduate scholarships, click on the link
The Buick Achievers Scholarship is funded by the General Motors Foundation in the USA.
If you are an international student and you desire to study in the USA, check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in the USA
BuickAchievers Scholarship Worth
The Buick Achievers Scholarship Program will award 50 scholarships of up to $25,000 renewable for up to four years, and one additional year for those entering a qualified five-year engineering program.
The scholarships can be used towards the total cost of tuition, fees, books, supplies, required equipment, room and board, and other allowable expenses.
How to Apply for Buick Achievers Scholarship in 2020
Applicants are required to provide the following documents that will be necessary for the application process;
- A list of your work experience and involvement in school and community activities.
- Your transcript of grades (online transcripts must display student name, school name, grade, and credit hours earned for each course, and term in which each course was taken).
- Your parents/guardians’ financial information from their most recently filed tax return or your own financial information if an independent student.
Unfortunately, the submission of applications for this General Motors Scholarship is over. However, when applications are ongoing, the deadline for this Buick Achievers Scholarship is dated for February 27 yearly.
For more information on this Buick Achievers Scholarship 2020, interested applicants should click on the link below:
If you have questions, you may email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-537-4180.
American Indian Science And Engineering Society
The American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES) was founded to increase the numbers of American Indians and Alaskan Natives in technical fields of study, focusing on supporting students in the STEM subjects with financial aid, which include four academic scholarships. All AISES scholarships share a single set of eligibility criteria, as follows:
- AISES Google Scholarship gives $10,000 to an AISES member studying computer science, engineering, or programming in the U.S., and $5,000 for studies in Canada.
- The Burlington Northern Santa Fe Foundation Scholarship requires you to supply several documents with your application, such as a current transcript and a Certificate of Indian Blood or other verification of tribal membership.
- AISES Intel Scholarship goes to students who seek degrees in the STEM disciplines. Applicants should be able to demonstrate both interest and accomplishment in computer science.
- The A.T. Anderson Memorial Scholarship is awarded to those majoring in either natural resources or STEM subjects.
Buick Achievers Scholarship FAQs
How do I apply for Buick Achievers Scholarship?
To apply to The Buick Achievers Scholarship Program, you must first register as an applicant on their official website. Complete your application by providing information about yourself and academic achievement.
However, you will need to provide a list of work experience, transcript grades and parent’s financial information.
How much is Buick Achievers Scholarship Worth?
Buick achievers scholarship is a financial aid worth $25, 000 shared amongst winning candidates. The scholarship is given to about 50 students and its renewable for a period of four years and extra one year for Engineering students. Winners can use the fund for tuition fees, books and other academic expenses.
Who should apply for Buick Achievers Scholarship?
High school seniors, high school graduates and undergraduates who are/ plan to enroll for a four year degree program at an accredited university or college. However, you must be a U.S citizen and resident in any of the 50 states.
We hope this writing provided your scholarship necessities. Please share with your friends and leave your question or response on the comment box for us to serve you better.