ACU Commonwealth Masters Scholarships 2020/2021:
We bring together many of the most prestigious and well-funded universities internationally with relatively new institutions in some of the world’s least developed countries.
What binds us together is a common belief in the value of higher education to society, the conviction that this value is enhanced by international collaboration, and a passion for rigour and excellence in everything that we and our member universities do.
- Applicants must be a citizen of a Commonwealth country other than South Africa and must not be currently resident in South Africa
- Applicants must hold an Honours degree or a four-year degree, equivalent to NQF 8 on the South African National Qualifications Framework, and with an average mark of at least 70%, and meet the minimum entry criteria of the proposed course of study
- Applicants must not be a current DHET-supported scholarship recipient
- Applicants must have applied for the identified study programme at the chosen university in South Africa on a full-time basis
- Applicants’ academic background should be aligned to the proposed field of study
Value of Award
- The scholarships provide full tuition fees, a return economy flight, an arrival allowance and a regular stipend (living allowance).
- No additional funding will be provided for applicants with families.
How to Apply
First, you must apply for your chosen course directly with the university. Applicants are advised to arrange for their qualifications to be validated by the South African Qualifications Authority before applying to a university.
Separately, download this scholarship application form, and complete it in as much detail as possible.
As well as the application form, applicants must submit the following:
- A 500-word research proposal summary, containing:
- Scientific elements of the proposal: research rationale, problem identification, aims and objectives of research, theoretical framework and research methodology
- Social relevance of proposed study
- High school certificates
- Undergraduate transcripts and graduation certificate
- At least one academic reference
- Scan of passport or national ID card
- Proof of English language ability if English is not your first language
- Proof that you have applied for the relevant course at your university of choice
Please submit all the required documents above by email to [email protected]
For more information, visit the Official Webpage
Application Deadline: 13th July 2020