Chancellor Fellowship for Tomorrow’s Executives
Start your career in Germany – become part of a worldwide network
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation is looking for the leaders of tomorrow – from Brazil, China, India, Russia and the USA. With the Federal Chancellor Scholarship, we offer you the opportunity to take your next career step in Germany – regardless of the industry you work in.
Develop your own project idea for the application and look for a host of your choice for professional support. With the host’s approval, you can then apply for a scholarship.
From March 2021, prospective managers from South Africa can also apply for a Chancellor Fellowship more …
We offer you
- a monthly grant of 2,170 euros, 2,470 euros or 2,770 euros depending on the level of training,
- individual support during your stay in Germany,
- additional financial support, for example for accompanying family members, travel expenses or a German course,
- a study trip through Germany and a series of events where you can make contact with other scholarship holders and get to know representatives of German companies and institutions
- Extensive alumni funding, especially promoting contacts with cooperation partners in Germany throughout your professional career.
Apply if you have
- are an internationally oriented university graduate with initial management experience from Brazil, China, India, Russia or the USA,
- Graduated no more than 12 years ago,
- want to carry out an independently designed project for one year with a self-selected host in Germany,
- can show that your project is socially relevant and that you can act as a bridge between Germany and your home country in the future,
- work in a field such as politics, business, media, administration, society or culture.
The scholarship program is under the patronage of the Federal Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany. Up to 50 Chancellor Fellowships are awarded each year – up to ten per country. The application deadline is September 15, 2020.