American University’s Merit Scholarships for Global Students: For a better and successful academic pursuit, apply for American University’s Merit Scholarships for international students who wish to enroll at the University. For the 2020-2021 academic year, scholarships ranged from U.S.$8,000 to U.S.$20,000 per academic year. They are renewable for all four years of study based on successful continued academic performance.
American University’s merit scholarships for international students are partial, not full, awards. They are highly competitive and based on a combination of outstanding academic achievement, excellent communication skills in English, leadership, volunteerism, and community service.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): American University, USA
Scholarships to be taken at: American University, USA
Scholarship Type: Tuition award
Scholarship level: Undergraduate
Scholarship Worth: $8,000 to $20,000 per academic year
Subject Eligibility: Various Courses offered at the University
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students
You May Also Like: Harvard University MBA Scholarship in USA 2021
Eligibility and Selection Criteria: Candidates are expected to posses the following eligibility criteria for the American University’s Merit Scholarships for Global Students;
- Applicants must be international students.
- Students admitted into undergraduate degree program.
- The award is available for undergraduate students in various courses offered at the University.
- AU merit awards are offered only at the time of admission. There are nofurther opportunities for AU partial scholarships once you have begun your studies.
- No increases in scholarship amounts are available from year to year. The initial amount of your AU merit award remains constant for all four years of study.
- Your AU CFIS and bank letter must demonstrate that you have at least U.S.$70,231 available for your first year of study, evenif you hope to qualify and receive one of AU’s competitive merit scholarships. Plan to have similar funding available for each additional year of undergraduate study (up to four years total).
- Based on academic merit
- Students enrolling full time in the Honours program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)
- A high school transcript and/or GSE results (if your transcript is not in English, also require a certified translation)
- Applicants must have a High school certificate or equivalent.
- Candidates must be highly motivated, responsible, and able to work independently in a structured manner and as good interpersonal and communication skill.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at American University, USA
- Application process based on merit and evidence of leadership.
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the American University’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Also Check: Ramapo College Merit-Based Scholarships in USA 2021
Application Procedures for American University’s Merit Scholarships for Global Students
No separate application form or process is needed to be considered for AU merit scholarships.
You may wish to contact the following institutions to seek information on additional sources of financial assistance:
Your Embassy in Washington, D.C.
EducationUSA Advising Center in your country
Rowe Fund for Students from Caribbean/Latin America (no-interest loan for third and fourth year of undergraduate study).
Application Deadline: January 15, 2021