Highly motivated aspirants are invited to apply for the Kenneth Freeman PhD Scholarship funded by the ANU-Research School of Astronomy and Astrophysics (RSAA). The programme is exclusively open for both domestic and international students.
The scholarship encourages excellent students who want to commence Doctor of Philosophy in the field of Astronomy and Astrophysics for the academic session 2020/2021.
Clarity of Information
Amazing opportunity for both domestic and international students to get funding for their education in Australia.
Founded in 1946, Australian National University is one of the most selective institutions of higher learning and observed as one of the most leading research university in the world. It offers various undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs.
Why would you like to study at Australian National University? The university provides a broad range of accommodation options for aspirants and a variety of flexible learning options to suit their requirements. Here all students have the opportunity to choose among the various degree programs and courses as per their interest.
Application Deadline: November 16, 2020
- University or Organization: Research School of Astronomy and Astrophysics (RSAA)
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $28,092 per annum
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards:1
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree programme in Astronomy and Astrophysics.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be enrolled or enrolling full-time in a program of study for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Astronomy and Astrophysics, based in the Research School of Astronomy and Astrophysics in the ANU College of Science.
- Has demonstrated First class honours (H1), or demonstrated equivalent requirements.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: If you want to be enlisted in this educational program, then you are recommended to take admission in the PhD degree coursework at Australian National University. No application is required as all eligible candidates who have indicated their interest will be automatically considered.
- Supporting Documents: Students must submit a CV, academic certificates, and transcripts with their application.
- Admission Requirements: For getting enrolled, applicants must meet the entry requirements of the program.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you should provide evidence of English language ability: IELTS, TOEFL, or other acceptable proof. Please see the English Language Requirements section for more details.
ANU Research School of Astronomy and Astrophysics will provide the following benefits:
- Dependent Child Allowance for international student ($3,000/annum/child- max $9000).
- Relocation reimbursement (capped at $1000 for domestic student, $2500 for international student).
- Thesis Allowance of up to $500.