The Chevening Scholarships for Kenyan Students is open for applications.
Chevening Scholarships in Kenya go out to young leaders who are students to pursue a one-year Master’s degree programme at any university in the UK.
They provide a unique opportunity for young future leaders, influencers and decision-makers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically.
Also, to experience UK culture and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
A Chevening award offers financial support alongside the opportunity of becoming part of the highly regarded and influential Chevening global network.
We have outlined the application procedure in this article. Kindly read through the table of contents below.
More About The Chevening Scholarship for UK Students
Applicants from Kenya can choose any course of study at any UK higher education institution.
Therefore, if you exhibit leadership traits and have a strong academic background, you can apply for this scholarship.
All applicants for the Chevening scholarships must submit the following:
- Education documents
- One unconditional UK university offer.
To be eligible for the Chevening Award you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university which is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years of work experience (this may be up to five years for fellowship programmes, so please refer to your country page for further details)
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 15 July 2021
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 15 July 2021.
Being a fully-funded scholarship, the Chevening award for Kenyan students covers:
- University tuition fees
- A monthly stipend
- Travel costs to and from the UK
- An arrival allowance
- Homeward departure allowance
- The cost of one visa application
- A travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK.
The submission of applications for the 2021/2022 Chevening Scholarships will end on Tuesday, 3 November 2020.
Time is 12:00 (midday).
How to Apply
Applicants can submit their applications for the Chevening Scholarships through the application link below.
Frequently Asked Questions
You are to upload your education documents, reference letters, etc by 22 February 2021.
The Chevening English language requirement has been scrapped for applicants from 2020/2021 going forward.
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. However, if no, leave a comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.