Chevening Scholarships for Somalia students are awarded to outstanding emerging leaders to pursue a one-year master’s degree at any UK university.
Funding for the scheme comes from the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office. The scholarship program provides a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers, and decision-makers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
A Chevening award offers financial support along with the opportunity of becoming part of the highly regarded and influential Chevening global network.
The scholarship is further Extended to 144 countries and territories to undertake postgraduate study or courses in universities in the United Kingdom.
Applicants from Somalia can choose any course of study at any UK higher education institution, when selecting your field of study please refer to the UK priorities in your Country.
The Chevening Scholarship remains valid to study diverse courses for all universities in the UK.
Level/Field(s) of study:
Master’s degree Programme in any subject at any UK university.
Number of Awards:
Around 1500 scholarships are offered globally.
The scholarships are targeted to citizens of Chevening-eligible countries. See the official website for a complete list of countries eligible for Chevening scholarships.
A Chevening Scholarship normally covers
- University tuition fees
- Monthly stipend
- Travel costs to and from the UK
- An arrival allowance
- A homeward departure allowance
- The cost of one visa application and
- A travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK.
To be eligible for a Chevening Award you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry into a postgraduate program at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honors degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years’ work experience (this may be up to five years for fellowship programs, so please refer to your country page for further details)
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 15 July 2021
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement
Before you apply please refer to the Chevening website. When you are ready to proceed, click on the application center above, and select your country award (e.g Somalia Chevening Scholarships).
To start your online application
To start your application, please visit the Apply page, select your country/territory and level and then complete the Eligibility form.
If you have already started an application you can continue to complete a saved form by logging in using the login button, click on the application center button and select Review Status.
To check the progress of a submitted application
To check the progress of an application you have already submitted and any communications sent to you, log in using the login button and click on the application center. You cannot make changes to your application form once submitted, but you can edit the Contact Details section and upload supporting documentation.
If you have any questions or would like to contact us, click on the ‘Help Centre’ tab above. You can also search the frequently asked questions section.
Applications for 2021/2022 are ongoing and will remain open till 3 November 2020, at 12:00 (GMT).
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.chevening.org/