CommonWealth Masters And PhD Scholarship for Gambian Students 2020:
Gambian students are been invited to hurry and apply for the COMMONWEALTH MASTERS AND PhD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR GAMBIAN STUDENTS 2020, applicants that have complied with the eligibility criteria will be considered for this scholarship program. Hurry now and apply.
The Commonwealth scholarship is completely financed by the UK Department of international development ( DFID). The commonwealth masters and PhD scholarship for Gambians are primarily aimed at enabling motivated individuals to gain the skills and knowledge that are much needed for sustainable development.
These scholarships are offered under six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
LEVEL/ FIELD OF STUDY:
This GAMBIA COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP 2020 GAMBIA COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP 2020 is for masters and PhD programs and is available to any field of study chosen by the student.
The GAMBIA COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP 2020 is to be taken in the UK
There are other UK Scholarships available for International students in 2020.
You can utilize these scholarship opportunities to solve most of your academics problems. Check out other scholarships you can apply for in 2020 to study in Europe, Africa, Asia, America, etc.
This scholarship is for Gambians.
Each scholarship provides:
- Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award (the CSC will not reimburse the cost of fares for dependants, nor usually the cost of journeys made before your award is finally confirmed)
- Approved tuition and examination fees
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,043 per month, or £1,279 per month for those at universities in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2016-2017 levels)
- Thesis grant towards the cost of preparing a thesis or dissertation, where applicable
- Warm clothing allowance, where applicable
- Study travel grant towards the costs of study-related travel within the UK or overseas
- For PhD Scholars, fieldwork grant towards the cost of fieldwork undertaken overseas (usually the cost of one economy class return airfare to your fieldwork location), where approved
- For PhD Scholars, paid a mid-term visit (airfare) to your home country (unless you have claimed (or intend to claim) spouse and/or child allowances during your scholarship, or have received a return airfare to your home country for fieldwork)
- If your scholarship is at least 18 months long, the following family allowances:
- Spouse allowance of £224 per month if you and your spouse are living together at the same address in the UK (unless your spouse is also in receipt of a scholarship; other conditions also apply)
- Child allowance of £224 per month for the first child, and £110 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16, if you are accompanied by your spouse and children and they are living with you at the same address in the UK
- If you are widowed, divorced, or a single parent (irrespective of the length of your scholarship), child allowance of £448 per month for the first child, and £110 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16, if you are accompanied by your children and they are living with you at the same address in the UK The CSC’s family allowances are intended to be only a contribution towards the cost of maintaining your family in the UK. The true costs are likely to be considerably higher, and you must be able to supplement these allowances in order to support any family members who come to the UK with you.
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by the Gambia, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in the Gambia
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by:
- For Master’s study, the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2020
- For the Ph.D. study, January 2020
- By October 2019, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard, or a second class degree and relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree)
- For the PhD study, NOT be registered for a Ph.D., or an MPhil leading to a Ph.D., at a UK university before September/October 2020
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM:
All applications must be made directly to the CSC using the CSC’s application system. The CSC will not accept any applications that are not submitted via its application system.
In your application, you must provide the following supporting documentation:
- Full transcripts detailing all your higher education qualifications (with certified translations if not in English)
- Proof that you hold eligible citizenship: a copy of your passport or birth certificate
You must provide the following supporting documentation
- References from at least two individuals
- For the Ph.D. study, a supporting statement from a proposed supervisor at one or more of the UK universities named on your application form
If this documentation is not provided by the dates specified your application will be considered ineligible.
Apply for commonwealth masters scholarship here
Apply for Commonwealth PhD scholarship here
For more details on Commonwealth scholarship for the Gambia, you can visit the official webpage by clicking here
The latest update on application deadline will be communicated as soon as possible please do well to continue checking this site so as not to miss out on anything