DAAD Postgraduate Scholarships in Architecture for International Students 2020:
DAAD scholarships offer graduate applicants the opportunity to continue their education in Germany with a postgraduate or continuing course.
The scholarship aims at promoting the exchange of experience, skills and networking amongst colleagues.
Regional Planning etc and willing to commence studies during the 2020 session are especially encouraged to apply for the DAAD postgraduate scholarships in Architecture.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): DAAD
Scholarship to be taken at: Germany
Scholarship level: Postgraduate studies
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship benefits
Subject Eligibility: Architecture, Interior Design, Monument Conservation, Urban Planning/Urban development. Regional Planning, Landscape Architecture, Landscape Planning
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The Scholarship is for international students.
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the DAAD Postgraduate Scholarships in Architecture for International Students 2020, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be international students who have been offered admission to study the eligible courses at any German university of choice.
- Applicants must have obtained good grades bachelor’s degree in relevant courses from a recognized university across the globe.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong academic and leadership abilities and must be able to communicate with people of diverse race, religion and culture.
- Applicants who are already in Germany in the first year of a postgraduate course at the time of application may apply for funding for their second year of study. In this case, it is not possible to extend the scholarship.
- Tuition fees waiver
- Travel allowance
- One-Off study allowance
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover.
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying family members. Applicable under certain circumstances.
Application Procedures for the DAAD Postgraduate Scholarships in Architecture for International Students 2020
How To Apply
Applicants are to note that application is done online through the DAAD portal. Applicants are to send additional documents by post to the specified application address.
Supporting documents such as certificates, proofs of credits, certifications and translations may be scanned in non-certified form and uploaded to the DAAD portal. The DAAD reserves the right to request certified copies of the documents.
Documents to be uploaded to the DAAD portal includes: Online application form; Full curriculum Vitae in tabular form; Statement about academic and personal reasons for the planned study project in Germany (letter of motivation of between 1-3 pages).
Application Deadline: 30 September, 2020