Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule Zürich University in Switzerland is inviting applications for the E4D Continuing Education PhD Scholarship Programme in 2021.
The Engineering for Development (E4D) Continuing Education Scholarship Programme awards scholarships for travel and living expenses to candidates from low-income countries to attend continuing education Programmes at ETH Zurich. The goal of the programme is to enhance the knowledge and skills of future leaders with the perspective of contributing to capacity development and poverty reduction in their home countries.
Table of Contents
Worth of Award
The following expenses will be covered by the scholarship:
- Economy roundtrip ticket (max. 2’000 CHF)
- Visa fees
- Living allowance for the duration of the Programme
- ETH general tuition fee waiver (660 CHF per semester)
The following expenses will NOT be covered by the scholarship:
- The Programme fees of the MAS/CAS/DAS are not covered by the E4D Continuing Education Scholarship.
- The general application fee of the School for Continuing Education of 150 CHF will not be covered.
- However, in case an application is unsuccessful, the fee can be paid back to candidates from low-income countries.
To be considered eligible;
- The candidate must hold a completed and recognized Master’s degree from a university and proof professional working experience of at least 2 years.
- The minimal English standard is TOEFL level C1.
- The scholarship is open to candidates from countries classified as Least Developed Countries, Low-Income Countries and Lower Middle-Income Countries according to the DAC-list of the OECD.
- Candidates need to be accepted by the School for Continuing Education, ETH Zurich as well as the MAS, DAS or CAS Programme office.
How to Apply
- Only candidates who are admitted to an ETH MAS, DAS or CAS programme based on his/her academic and professional qualifications are considered for a scholarship.
- Candidates must apply to both (I) a continuing education programme and (II) to the E4D scholarship.
- Submit your application documentation in one single pdf-file to [email protected]
The following documents should be submitted;
- The CV of the candidate
- MSc or Masters Diploma and academic transcript(s)
- 1-2 page application letter, stating the motivation to attend the programme and the impact on the candidate’s career development and beyond.
- Two professional references
- Formal admission letter by the School for Continuing Education confirming that the candidate is admitted to the MAS, DAS or CAS Programme.
- Certificate of employment. The certificate of employment letter must be sent to the E4D Programme office directly through the employer (and not the candidate).
- Certificate of English level (minimum TOEFL level C1)
Deadline: Application closes November 30, 2020.