Applications are open for the Ekiti Enterprise Challenge (EEC 2020), a Social Impact Driven Community-based enterprise Pitch competition designed to be an annual event for Brilliant Creative, Gifted, Talented and innovative entrepreneurs who resides and are established in Ekiti Communities with business ideas which have potential to create decent work and sustainable jobs, grow exponentially and scale beyond Ekiti local Market to a National and Global Market.
Ekiti Enterprise Challenge is part of a commitment to giving back to society by investing in young entrepreneur. It is their expectation that Ekiti Enterprise Challenge will help in restoring Ekiti Values by raising the next generation of Ekiti young entrepreneur who will make Ekiti Great again by establishing sustainable businesses that have potential to create decent jobs and economic growth which are in line with The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals 1, 8, 9,11 & 17
The vision and impact deliverable of Ekiti Enterprise Challenge is to identify, discover, support and mentor creative and innovative young Ekiti entrepreneurs with business ideas that have potential to grow exponentially beyond Ekiti Local Market and scale up their market reach. The Ekiti Enterprise Challenge planned to hold during the UN Global Entrepreneurship Week between November 16 – 22, 2020.
Worth of Award
- The winning enterprise will receive a Grant Prize of One Million Naira (N1, 000,000) while 3 runner ups will be awarded consolation Prizes of Five Hundred Thousand Naira (N500,000), Three Hundred Thousand Naira (N300,000) and Two Hundred Thousand Naira (N200,000) respectively.
- Rule 1. Business Established & Resident in Ekiti State: Intending participants must have business established and resident in any of the communities in Ekiti State
- Rule 2. Applicant Between 18-35 Years Age Bracket: The Pitch Competition is open to Ekiti Young Entrepreneurs residents in Ekiti State who fall within the 18 to 35 year age bracket
- Rule 3. Business passed through ideation stage: Business idea must have passed through the ideation stage, be at least 12 months old. The Business Idea should currently been in operation and already generating revenue.
- Rule 4. Business Have Potential For Exponential Growth: Must have innovative product & services with sustainable business model that has potential for scalability and exponential growth that can scale beyond local market to national & global market
- Rule 5. Business registered with CAC & have a corporate bank account: Business Must have been registered with CAC must have a corporate bank account with a Corporate Governance Structure
- Rule 6. Clarity Business Model with Leadership Capacity To Deliver: Clarity Business Model with Leadership Capacity to deliver the proposed business value proposition
Below are Categories of Business For Applications They Are Looking For
- Innovation Technology
- Agriculture & Food Processing
- Fashion Designing
- Tourism, & Hospitality
- Art & Crafts
- Shoes and Leather Works Production
- Furniture & Upholstery
- Interior Designs & Decorations
- Confectionaries & Event Management
- Entertainment & Music Productions
- Green Enterprises, Waste Management & Recycling
How to Apply
- Registration Portal is opened for Ekiti Enterprise Challenge 2020 Application
Deadline: Applications close on September 30, 2020.