Little Mix are reportedly relieved that they have tested negative for coronavirus after an outbreak saw their TV show The Search pulled from air.
The BBC has announced the the band’s talent show has been removed from the schedule for this weekend after members of the production crew came down with Covid-19.
With the series, which will see a new band formed, will return on October 24, fans of Little Mix will be pleased to hear that they have been unaffected by the outbreak on set.
A spokesman for bandmates Perrie Edwards, Jade Thirwell, Leigh-Anne Pinnock and Jesy Nelson has told The Sun : “They’ve all tested negative and do not need to isolate.
“They will be regularly tested throughout the run of the series.”
The BBC launched The Search last month with Little Mix looking to form a new band from hopefuls, who will then tour in support of the chart-topping girl band.
They have picked individuals out in auditions who have made up six bands, who will now battle it out in live shows with the hope of joining Little Mix on their arena tour.
In a statement from the BBC, there was an explanation as to why The Search was cancelled for this week.
A spokesman said: “We can confirm that a small number of people on the Little Mix The Search production have tested positive for coronavirus and they are now self-isolating following the latest government guidelines.
“Due to the format of the show we have made the decision to postpone Saturday’s programme.
“There are rigorous protocols in place to manage Covid-19 as the safety of all those involved in the production is paramount.
“We hope to be back on air on Saturday 24th October.”
Little Mix have so far put together a mixed group, a boy group, a girl vocal group, a vocals and instruments group, and girl dance group, with one of them set to win a coveted slot on their tour.
Do you have a story to sell? Get in touch with us at [email protected] or call us direct 0207 29 33033.