We all want lose weight as quickly as possible and without suffering so much. The reality is that for some people, undergoing a specific diet can be difficult to achieve and quite restrictive. The good news is that current nutrition and health trend, proposes as the main measure for lose weight long-term consume quality food.
Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day and what is related to numerous benefits, in principle because it provides the nutrients that the body needs to break the fast, provides vitality and energy, promotes good physical and mental performance, and is important for digestive health and metabolism. That is why in recent months everything is wondering What are the best foods for healthy breakfast and weight loss? Taking into account that there are some Typical products for breakfast that are associated with a high calorie content, it is worth informing us.
The truth is we all love having breakfast some delicious Pancakes bathed in butter and honey, muffins, donuts, sweet bread and everything that contains cheeses and bacon; but nevertheless when it comes to losing weight, the foods with which we start the day have a lot of relevance. In such a way that any breakfast that is rich in sugars, saturated fats and refined flours, will be an impediment to reaching our body weight goals.
So What is the best breakfast for weight loss? The good news is that it is not a particular dish, which would end up being tired and bored eat daily. The perfect breakfast to lose weight, is made up of a combination of complex carbohydrates, healthy fats, protein, and fiber, which allows us to be the most creative.
According Maggie Michalczyk, founder of Once Upon A Pumpkin and author of the book The Great Big Pumpkin Cookbook, consider the consumption of these key nutrients at breakfast, it is essential to achieve lose weight that we have always wanted to get rid of and that for some reason there comes a point where we stagnate. The reason is simpler than you think: Eat breakfast every day and without skipping it, leads to weight loss.
The first step is to create a schema in which let’s eat the right foods for breakfast and it is also important to forget about the false belief “Skipping breakfast will help you lose weight.” It is absolutely false, what happens is that people usually try to save calories skipping breakfast has unfortunately been found to be a custom related to overeating and less nutritious foods throughout the day.
In such a way that creating our breakfasts with the perfect balance of nutrients is related to a great satiating and nutritional capacity. Actually exists A study that verifies that the people who they have a more abundant breakfaste, tend to weigh less. Too A good breakfast provides the energy needed to improve performance during physical activity.
What are the best foods in each group?
- Complex carbohydrates: They are considered healthy and satisfying, since they are those carbohydrates that have not been deprived of their natural fiber and starch, have longer chains of sugar molecules, which is related to weight loss benefits since the body needs longer to digest and break down energy. Some examples of complex carbohydrates: whole wheat bread and tortillas, as well as whole foods such as oats, quinoa, barley, and brown rice. Starchy vegetables (potatoes, squash, corn) and legumes (chickpeas, beans, lentils).
- Healthy fats: Fats are important for the proper functioning of the body and also for lose weight. The only important thing is to choose to consume unsaturated fats, which are related to cardiovascular health benefitsas they tend to lower “bad” LDL cholesterol and increase “good” HDL cholesterol. In addition, unsaturated fats are associated with a great satiating capacity. You will find them in foods such as: avocado, the nut butter, the dried fruits, the seeds and even some oils such as extra virgin olive.
- Proteins: They are one of the nutrients easier to add to your breakfast and also the most important to lose weightBest of all, many breakfast items are great sources of proteins of high biological value. As is the case of the eggs, for each piece you will be obtaining 5 grams of protein, Greek yogurt, turkey bacon, cottage cheese and nut butter can also provide some high-value protein.
- Fiber: We all know about the immense relevance of fiber intake, is one of the most important nutrients in digestive health, to lose weight and is key in the good cardiovascular function. Breakfast is the perfect excuse to have a extra boost of fiber in the diet, all you have to do is enrich and fill your dishes with colors with many fruits and vegetables. They provide high amounts of fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, which benefit all organs and systems. The raspberries are one of the best alternatives, they provide 8 grams of fiber with a simple cup, the consumption of citrus fruits, apple, banana, avocado, green leafy vegetables, papaya, tomatoes Y berries.
The best combinations:
- Egg and avocado toast, on rye or 100% whole wheat bread.
- Green smoothie with strawberries, spinach, non-dairy milk, nut butter and protein powder.
- Oatmeal with nut butter and red berries.
- Greek yogurt (low sugar, high protein) with raspberries and chia seeds.
- Egg wrap with vegetables and low-fat cheese.