Utrecht University in the Netherlands invites applications for the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship for an undergraduate degree programme in 2021.
The Utrecht Excellence Scholarship offers a number of highly talented prospective students the opportunity to pursue a degree in a selected number of fields at Utrecht University:
International Bachelor’s programmes:
- Economics and Business Economics
- Liberal Arts & Sciences at University College Utrecht
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics
- Global Sustainability Science
The scholarship programme is highly selective. Only candidates showing the highest achievement and promise may receive a scholarship.
Selected students receive a scholarship for the duration of the degree programme, which is a maximum of three years for a Bachelor’s degree. Approximately 9 scholarships are awarded each year (approximately 2 for the Bachelor’s in Economics and Business Economics, 1 for Global Sustainability Science, 1 for Philosophy, Politics and Economics and 5 for Liberal Arts & Sciences at University College Utrecht). The scholarship will only be renewed for the second (and third) year if the student is making satisfactory progress towards the degree.
Worth of Award
- Selected students can be awarded a scholarship that can range from 5.000 euro to 17.000 euro depending on the programme per year.
- However, students should be aware that the grant is not necessarily a full scholarship, and that it may be necessary to find additional funding to be able to finance study and stay completely.
The applicant must meet the eligibility criteria in order to be considered for this scholarship. The applicant should:
- Not have the Dutch or an EU/EEA nationality and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans;
- Hold a non-Dutch secondary school diploma;
- Have been admitted to the Bachelor’s programme in Economics and Business Economics, Philosophy, Politics and Economics, Global Sustainability Science or to University College Utrecht;
- Hold a relevant secondary school diploma (for a Bachelor’s programme), or an equivalent thereof;
- Be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa;
Failure to meet one or more of these criteria automatically means the student is not eligible for this scholarship.
Eligible candidates are selected for a scholarship on the basis of the following criteria:
- Their academic excellence and promise in the proposed field of study;
- The academic quality and results of the preceding education, as evidenced, for example, by grades and test scores;
- The quality of the application itself (completeness, accuracy, consistency).
How to Apply
- It is not possible to apply for the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship. Award is applied upon admission to the programme
- The selection committee of the programme will select eligible candidates on the basis of the selection criteria mentioned above. The selected candidates will be offered an Utrecht Excellence Scholarship at the latest in May.
Deadline: Prospective students who wish to be considered for the scholarship must apply before February 1, 2021 (23:59 CET), after which the application portal will be closed.