Facebook Research Award Opportunities for Scholars 2020: In order to continue to foster innovation in the areas of honouring people’s privacy in products, policies and services, The Facebook research Award Opportunities is being set up to deepen collaboration with the academia. Applications are therefore invited from faculty members in the academia to respond to the call for the Research Award Opportunities.
Facebook anticipate awarding a total of 4-5 awards, each in the $100,000 range as payment will be made to the proposer’s host university as an unrestricted gift. The areas of interest include: Improving understanding of user’s privacy attitudes, concerns, preferences, needs, behaviors, and outcomes; Novel interventions for digital transparency and control that are meaningful for diverse populations, context, and data types.
Award Sponsor(s): Facebook
Award to be taken at: Globally
Award Level: University Faculty Members
Award Worth: $100,000
Award Slot: 4-5
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Applicants from all over the world
You may also like: 2021 Facebook Fellowship Program for International Students
Award Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the Facebook Research Award Opportunities for Scholars 2020, applicants must ensure that they meet the following criteria:
- Applicants from the academia must be faculty members from recognized universities with interests and experience in the thematic areas of the award.
- Awards must comply with applicable U.S. and international laws, regulations and policies.
- Applicants must be current full-time faculty at an accredited academic institution that awards research degrees to PhD students.
- Applicants must be the Principal Investigator on any resulting award.
- Facebook cannot consider proposals submitted, prepared, or to be carried out by individuals residing or affiliated with, an academic institution located in a country or territory subject to comprehensive U.S. trade sanctions.
- Government officials (excluding faculty and staff of public universities, to the extent they may be considered government officials), political figures, and politically affiliated businesses (all as determined by Facebook in its sole discretion) are not eligible.
You may be interested in: 10 Universities in Germany to Study on Free Tuition for International Students
Application Procedures for the Facebook Research Award Opportunities for Scholars 2020
Applicants are to apply online and submit proposals that contains the following:
- A summary of the project (1-2) pages, in English, explaining the area of focus, a description of techniques, any relevant prior work, and a timeline with milestones and expected outcomes.
- A draft budget description (one page) including an approximate cost of the award and explanation of how funds would be spent.
- Curriculum Vitae for all project participants.
- Organization details. This will include tax information and administrative contact details.
Application Deadline: September 16, 2020, 5:00 p.m. AOE