Gensler Student Intern Architecture Summer Program In New York, US 2020:
As an Architecture Intern in Gensler’s New York office, you will join their creative studio environment for a full-time, paid internship opportunity.
The program will be running approximately from the end of May to mid-August 2020.
You must be available for the entire duration of the program.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Field of Internship: Internship is available for Architecture Intern
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Gensler’s New York office
Internship can be taken in the U.S.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- You have completed your third year of an undergraduate program or first year of a graduate program in architecture and are returning to your program post-internship. This internship is not for recent graduates.
- Strong Revit skills required, CAD skills a plus
- Strong skills with software such as InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Strong 3-D computer rendering skills (Sketch Up, 3D Max, Rhino 3D, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Bluebeam
Your additional characteristics:
- Demonstrated leadership ability in school and/or community
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Strong verbal, written and graphic communication skills
- Hand sketching ability
- Resourceful, self-motivated, enthusiastic team player
- Outstanding analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
Internship Open for International Students: No
Is this paid internship? This is a paid internship programme.
As an Architecture Intern in Gensler’s New York office, you will do all the following:
- Work on architecture projects as a fully collaborative team member, participating in design charrettes to help define strategic goals for our clients, large or small.
- Collaborate with designers, architects, directors, and managers to plan, design, develop and gain real-world experience working with clients across a spectrum of industries and locations.
- Enjoy the rich culture of our office and firm by experiencing educational sessions and mentorship opportunities that include lunch and learns, lectures, vendor presentations, project tours, and a community focused group intern project.
Number of awards offered: Numbers not given
Internship Duration: The program will run from the end of May to mid-August 2019.
Notification: Not given
To apply, you will need to do registration through the link: https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu03/ats/careers/v2/applyRequisition?org=GENSLER&cws=44&rid=14004
- Submit online application including a resume, cover letter, and portfolio in PDF form.
- If you choose to submit a link to an online portfolio, you must make sure it is not password protected and that it contains a resume, cover letter, and work samples.
- Submissions made in Microsoft Word and/or without work samples will not be considered.
Internship Application Deadline: Internship application deadline is March 1, 2020.