GWIS National Fellowships Program 2020:
Eligible applications are socio-scientific domains using the scientific method. The amount of the premium varies from year to year. A maximum of $10,000 can be requested for this year.
The fellowship is mainly designed for women scientists who wish to increase their knowledge of science through research.
The GWIS National Fellowships 2020 is hosted in USA. If you are an international student and you desire to study in USA.
- For the 2020 funding cycle, they distributed approximately $48,000 in fellowships funds to six deserving women scientists. The amount thus varies from year to year.
- A maximum of $10,000 may be requested – any proposal requesting over $10,000 will be disqualified.
The Graduate Women in Science Fellowship is available for Women in the field of science in the USA.
The number of offers is not specified
Eligibility for Scholarship
To qualify, applicants must meet all eligibility requirements:
- All women scientists conducting scientific research, regardless of their nationality, can apply for one of the GWIS scholarships.
- This award recognizes women graduates from a recognized university, with outstanding and promising research capabilities, who conduct hypothesis-based research at any institution in the United States or abroad.
- When considering proposals, the career level (Ph.D. candidate or assistant professor, for example) is taken into account.
- Prizes are awarded regardless of race, religion, nationality, beliefs, national origin, sexual orientation or age.
- The GWIS Scholarship Application will be available free of charge to current GWIS members as a member service. Non-members will be required to pay a processing fee of $50. Scholarship applicants who are not yet GWIS members can become GWIS members with a 6-month basic subscription at a discounted price of $ 35.
How to Apply:
- Abstract of the proposed project (written for a non-specialist, maximum of 200 words, 12 point font, margins at least 0.75 inches).
- Project Description: The description must be sufficient to allow a reviewer familiar with the general area of the work to evaluate the underlying hypothesis and the methods to be used in the experimental approach.
- Recommendations Letters. Two letters, one from an advisor or department head plus one other who is qualified to evaluate the applicant’s ability to perform the proposed research are required.
Electronically send all of the above items (except the recommendation letters) as a single, complete PDF document within the online application.
If you have any questions, please contact the GWIS Scholarship Coordinator: Fellowships@gwis.org
The application deadline for all applications for the GWIS Scholarship Program is 13:59 (Eastern Standard Time, January 13, of the fellowship year)