Are you a Nigerian student aspiring to study in South Africa? If your answer is yes, then this guide is for you.
In this post, we will be giving you the necessary guidelines, steps, precautions and requirements needed for you to successfully complete and actualize your goal.
Read on to find out more.
How Good Is South Africa’s Educational System
South Africa is arguably the best country in Africa in terms of education. This is because of the presence of standard educational facilities, tools and equipment across it’s learning institutes.
Annually, they rank among the best schools in Africa and South African schools also compete against elite schools in the world.
What is south Africa Visa
South Africa Visa is also known as South Africa Study Permit.
This is a seal of approval and authority given by the South African government to applying students who wants to study in the country.
It lasts for the duration of more than 90 days. However, if you plan on visiting South Africa for a period less than 3 months (90 days), then apply for the South Africa visiting Visa.
Also, if you are planning on enjoying the benefits of South Africa schoolarship programs, getting this Visa is a major requirement.
What are the Requirements of South Africa Study permit
1. Proof of financial support both for tuition fees and living expenses.
2. Proof of admission by any South African University
3. Clean Criminal record/Profile
4. Supporting Documents
What are the needed supporting document
1. Visa application form: a completely filled Visa application form with black pen (only) is needed.
2. Passport photographs: Two exact passport photographs of 45mm×45mm. It must be on a white background.
3. International passport: This should valid for at least one month (30) days after exhaustion of stay in South Africa.
4. Coloured photocopy of passport data page
5. Coloured photocopy of visas (Past and present).
6. Letter of introduction: This should contain your name (applicant’s name), contact address and phone number.
7. Recommendation letter: This should be signed by applicant’s employer with his full details and contact.
8. Proof of Accommodation: Provide your hotel reservation as a prove of accommodation arrangement.
This is only necessary If applicant’s applying school do not have hostel reservation.
Note: Pay your hotel accommodation if only you are admitted.
Also, hotel booking through third party is not acceptable.
9. Copy of international travelling certificate: The applicant’s will be required to present a duely signed medical insurance by a certified medical professional and a Yellow fever card.
This should contain your details and medical verification.
10. Medical report and Radiological report
11. Proof of financial status: Personal/sponsor’s bank statement for the past six months is required with a proof of monthly living expenses cover of about 3,000 Rand.
12. Birth certificate: Only for Minors travelling with parents.
13. Marriage certificate: For couples.
14. South Africa visa fees: This should be done at visa application centre.
15. Flight reservations
How to Apply for South Africa Study Permit in Nigeria
Gather the above supporting documents when applying.
Visit the Visa Application Centre (VAC)
With your documents for submission.
At this point, you will be required to pay your visa application fee.
Retrieve your documents as soon as they are ready. Don’t forget to track your application process by the Embassy. This will keep you updated.
• To download the South Africa visa application form in Nigeria, click this link http://www.vfsglobal.com/southafrica/nigeria/pdf/long-term.pdf. for Embassy medical and radiological report, click http://www.vfsglobal.com/southafrica/nigeria/pdf/Medicalreport1.pdf and http://www.vfsglobal.com/southafrica/nigeria/pdf/republic.pdf
• The average processing duration for South Africa student visa in Nigeria is two months.
• VFS allows you to follow-up your application once you submit your application form. This requires your reference number and date of birth (D.O.B). Click here to track http://www.vfsglobal.com/southafrica/nigeria/track-application.html
• South Africa work permit allows you to work part time for up to 20 hours while South Africa work permit allows you to work more hours (depending on your paid job).
• Factors affecting visa procession include:
Getting a visa to study in South Africa requires you to follow the necessary guidelines as given by the South African government. In this guide, we have reveal them to aid you in processing your visa application.
Thanks for reading.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!