How to Apply For Zale Parry Scholarship 2020:
The Academy of Underwater Arts & Sciences (AUAS) is pleased to announce the Zale Parry Scholarship Program which is open to candidates who are currently enrolled in a graduate school program (Masters or Ph.D.) in the diving fields of study (Marine Conservation and Education, Diving Medicine and Hyperbarics, Ocean Engineering, and Underwater Archeology).
Candidates eligible for the scholarship include college students seeking to advance their knowledge or enter into a professional career in the fields of underwater research, equipment technology or hyperbaric research.
The purpose of the Zale Parry Scholarship is to offer financial support to individuals seeking to advance their knowledge or to enter professional diving and marine careers.
The Academy of Underwater Arts and Sciences (AUAS) was established by Harry Shanks 1993, it is an international, multi-disciplinary, non-profit organization dedicated to recognizing pioneers and leaders who have had a global impact on the exploration, enjoyment, safety, and preservation of the underwater world.
Level/Field of Study
The scholarship is open for undergraduate and graduate programs in approved fields of study
The scholarship is hosted in the United States of America.
The Zale Parry Scholarship Program is open to residents of the United States or Canada.
$6000 award will be awarded to each recipient and a $500 voucher will be offered towards travel expenses to the Scholarship Presentation Ceremony.
NUMBER OF AWARDS: Varies
Eligibility Zale Parry Scholarship Program for 2020
Interested applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for this scholarship:
- A resident of the United States or Canada
- A certified scuba diver
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate school program (Masters or PhD) in any of the following diving related fields of study; Aquatic Biology, Ecology, and other Marine Science-Related Fields: Marine Conservation and Education, Diving Medicine and Hyperbarics, Ocean Engineering, and Underwater Archeology (Graduates do not qualify).
- Must demonstrate financial need, although the selection is based on merit.
Scholarship recipients must sign a scholarship agreement and waiver form, that holds the Scholarship Committee and AUAS blameless for any accident or fatality that may occur while the recipient Scholar is participating in any diving or non-diving activity related to The Zale Parry Scholarship.
How to Apply For Zale Parry Scholarship:
To apply, interested applicant should download the application through this link: https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/9cdeab_e678c75ef2574f91bcdaf1821fe172ca.pdf
The following information must be submitted with the application form;
- Scholarship candidate’s name, address, phone number, email address, date of birth, place of birth, gender, and marital status.
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from experts such as (but not limited to) college professors who can vouch for the validity of the candidate’s credentials and academic achievements
- 500-word essay from the applicant discussing career goals
- Photocopy of Diving Certification card(s)
The complete application packet must postmark through the mail to:
Zale Parry Scholarship
c/o The Academy of Underwater Arts & Sciences
27 West Anapamu Street #317
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
The complete applications for the Zale Parry Scholarship Program 2020 must be received no later than August 31, 2020.
-The Recipient of this scholarship will be selected by Sept. 30, 2020, and notified within a few days of selection.
-In order to apply, the scholarship recipient must ensure that he/she can personally accept the award at the NOGI Gala held each year either in Las Vegas, Nevada or Orlando, Florida.
For questions and other inquiries on this Zale Parry Scholarship Program for 2020, please visit either of the following links: