The University of Melbourne in Australia invites applications for Human Rights Scholarship for Australian and international students in 2021.
Melbourne University is Australia’s leading university their distinctive Melbourne experience helps graduates become well-rounded, thoughtful and skilled professionals – making a positive impact across the globe.
Established in 1853, the University of Melbourne is a public-spirited institution that makes distinctive contributions to society in research, learning, and teaching and engagement.
All applicants must meet the English language requirements of the University of Melbourne. They can use TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson Test of English (academic tests) or CAE to meet the University’s English language requirements.
Worth of Award
- Living allowance of $36,200 per year pro rata (2020 full-time study rate) for up to 2 years for students undertaking a Master by research degree or up to 3.5 years for students undertaking a Doctoral degree. The living allowance may be indexed annually and includes limited paid sick, maternity and parenting leave.
- Relocation grant of $2,000 for students moving from States or Territories outside Victoria or $3,000 for students moving from outside Australia.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Single Membership for international students who require a student visa to study in Australia
To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to:
- Have applied for and meet the entry requirements for a Master or Doctorate by research degree at the University of Melbourne
- Intend to undertake graduate research in the field of Human Rights
- Be committed to the peaceful advancement of respect for human rights that extends beyond academic studies (such as voluntary work and/or work experience);
- Have not already completed a research qualification at the same or higher level as the course for which a scholarship is sought
- Intend to study as a full-time student unless there are compassionate or compelling circumstances that prevent you from undertaking full-time study
- Not have previously received a Human Rights Scholarship
How to Apply
Applicant must submit an online Human Rights Scholarship application on the website.
Deadline: The application deadline is October 31, 2020.