International Fact-Checking Network Development Grant 2020:
Organizations who are into unbiased fact-checking programs are hereby invited to apply for the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) grants. The IFCN is dedicated to advancing innovation and establishing best practices in the field of fact-checking.
Applicants will be assessed by their eligibility and then judged by an independent selection committee. In addition to grant funding, applicants who are successful will get exposure at Global Fact 8 in June 2021.
Program Sponsor(s): International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN)
Program to be taken at: Not stated
Program Worth: $50,000
Subject Eligibility: Publishing non-partisan Fact Checks
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for international applicants
Program Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the Call for Application: International Fact-Checking Network Development Grant 2020, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Fact-checking organizations that are verified signatories of the IFCN’s Code of Principles and/or organizations that have been regularly publishing non-partisan fact checks over the last three months are eligible to apply.
- Applying organizations must submit proposals for projects that will be implemented using the grants to be awarded.
- Applicants must have the potential to reach out to wider audiences through the support to be obtained.
- Applicants must provide evidence that the requested budget is in accordance with the goals and scope of the project and that it can be fully completed and implemented in the allocated time frame.
- Applicants must agree that if they are awarded a grant, IFCN and YouTube may use data and information they provide in the initial application and subsequent reporting form with other fact-checking organizations.
Application Procedures for the Call for Application: International Fact-Checking Network Development Grant 2020
Applicants are to submit and online application with the required proposal for the project to be implemented with grants. Applicants are to provide accurate information as inaccurate information will lead to disqualification.
Application Deadline: June 17th, 2020