International Master’s Award of Excellence Scholarships at University of Waterloo:International students are encouraged to apply for the International Master’s Award of Excellence (IMAE) at the University of Waterloo, Canada. The award is valued for a maximum of five full-time terms within the allowable program limits for international master’s students normally entering a research-based graduate program at the University of Waterloo.
Faculties will nominate eligible students based on the Faculty’s award allocation. Students will be selected based on academic excellence as demonstrated through their application for admission to the graduate program. Interested international students are advised to apply before the application deadline.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Waterloo
Scholarship to be taken at: Canada
Scholarship Worth: $2,500 for five terms
Scholarship Slot: Not specified
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students
You may also like:
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the International Master’s Award of Excellence Scholarships at University of Waterloo, applicants must ensure that they meet the following criteria:
- International students with a valid Canadian study permit who are registered full time and assessed international tuition fees.
- Normally given to students in research-based programs (thesis or major research paper).
- Will normally only be given to students entering the first term of their program (term 1.0).
- Students must demonstrate academic excellence through criteria established by the Faculty.
- Students must meet the academic progress requirements of their program and not have outstanding probationary admission requirements.
- This award could be in addition to other internal or external scholarships (e.g., UW Graduate Scholarship, OGS, etc). Note: scholarships are different than sponsorships.
- Normally, students should not be concurrently receiving foreign government or agency sponsorship (e.g., China Scholarship Council, Libyan sponsorship, etc) or be fully or partially self-funded in excess of the Faculty minimum levels of support.
- Students grand parented under the existing IMSA program cannot be nominated for an IMAE; however, a student previously awarded an IMSA for a previously completed master’s degree can be nominated for an IMAE.
- Students will be automatically considered for this award based on their application for admission. Departments and/or Faculty will define their own internal process by which they select recipients based on the eligibility criteria and allocation.
- Faculties may impose stricter eligibility criteria as appropriate.
Application Procedures for the International Master’s Award of Excellence Scholarships at University of Waterloo
Applicants are to apply for admission into an eligible program at the university for the summer or fall session and will be automatically considered for the scholarship if they are eligible.
Application Deadline: visit the official for deadline