Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship for Nigerian Students 2021:
Students of Nigerian origin are encouraged to apply for the Japanese Government Scholarship for Nigerian Students for the 2021 academic session.
The scholarship is for high-flying students possessing excellent academic track record and wishing to undertake an undergraduate or postgraduate study program in Japan.
Also applicants wishing to study at a College of Technology or specialized training.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Japanese Government
Scholarship to be taken at: Japan
Scholarship level: Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Specialized Training
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Subject Eligibility: Courses tenable at a Japanese university.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for Nigerian students.
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship for Nigerian Students 2021, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be a citizen of Nigeria willing to study in a Japanese university for an undergraduate, postgraduate or specialized training.
- Applicants for the undergraduate, College of Technology and Specialized training must have obtained good grades in their high school certificates.
- Applicants for the postgraduate study programs must have obtained relevant bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Applicants must possess a good academic track record as scholarships will be awarded to applicants based on merit.
- Applicants are to possess strong leadership skills and be willing to abide by the rules governing student’s conduct in Japanese universities.
Application Procedures for the Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship for Nigerian Students 2021
Applicants are to complete an online application form depending on the scholarship category of choice.
The Embassy of Japan will contact only successful applicants whom application satisfies the criteria of documentation screening as established in the Guidelines. All applications must be duly completed upon submission to the Embassy of Japan before the deadline.
Application Deadline: 31st July, 2020