The University of British Columbia in Canada is inviting applications for the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award(KMILOT) for Undergraduates in 2021.
A high school or college/university may nominate up to a maximum of two students for UBC’s Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow (KMILOT) Award for study at UBC’s Vancouver campus, one student at Okanagan campus, and one student for the Donald Wehrung International Student Award at either campus.
The KMILOT Award recognizes students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, recognized achievement in fields of endeavor such as the performing arts, sports, debating or creative writing, or external academic competitions and examinations
Worth of Award
- The value of your Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award is proportional to your financial need.
- Financial need is determined by totaling tuition, fees, and living costs, and subtracting the financial contribution you and your family can make each year.
- A standard needs assessment is based on the financial information provided by you and your family.
To be considered for KMILOT Undergraduates Award, you must;
- Be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- Be entering UBC from a recognized secondary school, college, or other universities.
- Be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- Meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
- Demonstrate superior academic achievement (achieve all As or equivalent standard).
- Demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree.
How to Apply
- Submit your award application and complete the online application for admission to UBC.
- Although you can specify two-degree choices in your application, only your first-choice degree will be considered for the purposes of this award.
Deadline: Application closes December 1, 2020.