2020 Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarships for International Students in Germany:
Applicants from all over the world are welcome to apply for the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung awards scholarships for an opportunity to study and research in Germany on full sponsorship. international students and graduates who have acquired a university degree and who intend to complete postgraduate or master studies, doctoral studies or a research stay of at least three semesters at a university in Germany.
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung awards scholarships to international master students and graduates in order to enable study and research at universities in Germany. This way, we actively promote intercultural dialogues, the formation of international networks as well as the internationalization of universities and science.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung.
Scholarships to be taken at: Universities in Germany.
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships.
Scholarship level: Postgraduate
Subject Eligibility: All subject areas (see exceptions in general eligibility).
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students.
Eligibility and Selection Guidelines
- have a university degree, as we do not provide support for bachelor studies,
- prove above average academic performance,
- be no older that 30 when applying,
- have good knowledge of the German language (B2-level),
- be actively engaged in voluntary work,
- plan to study a minimum of three semesters at a university in Germany,
- possess a broad general education and distinct interest in political issues,
- have a positive attitude towards democracy and human rights,
- be open to develop their personal points of view and practice tolerance,
- be highly motivated and able to convince us of their goals in life.
- Students in Medicine or Pharmacy can only apply after having completed their intermediate exam in Germany or when having achieved a comparable stage of their studies.
- Human or dental medicine specialist training or post graduate research stays in Germany cannot be supported.
- Persons having already achieved a doctorate are not eligible for a scholarship.
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung awards scholarships program consists of financial assistance, personal guidance, a wide seminar program and access to the worldwide KAS-network. After the successful completion of studies, we remain in contact with our alumni and involve them in our national and international activities. See detailed financial assistance page
Application Procedures for the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarships for International Students in Germany – How-to-Apply:
Applications for the scholarships are received in two ways – offline (in KAS Offices) and online. If you not are applying via KAS international offices – please apply on the Campus KAS Portal and upload the requested documents there.
In 2020 the focus regions will be Central Europe, Southeast Asia, Near East and Western Africa. Interviews will be conducted in Budapest, Seoul, Amman and a capital city in a West African country (yet to be determined). If you are living in a country or region close to these cities, you may send your written application directly to the responsible KAS office – please check their web-sites for the exact procedure and addressee.
Application Deadline: Currently Open