New York University Wagner in the USA invites you to apply for the Lisa Ellen Goldberg fellowship for Masters Students in 2021, which consists of a full-time tuition-free study in the Master of Public Administration or Master of Urban Planning of the University.
About Lisa Ellen Goldberg Fellowship
Lisa Ellen Goldberg, the celebrated President of the Charles H. Revson Foundation and beloved wife of John Sexton, former President of New York University, has been a dynamic force in the world of philanthropy and the Jewish community.
Before her death in 2007, she worked passionately on philanthropic and Jewish issues and organizations.
She left a legacy of the visionary and crucial role that philanthropy can play in turning promising ideas into reality and increasing their impact.
She also embodied a deep commitment to public service and the Jewish community. Her legacy is recognized in an NYU Wagner Scholarship for aspiring public service executives pursuing careers in philanthropy or Jewish leadership.
Level/Field(s) of study
The fellowship is available for candidates who are already admitted to full-time study in Master of Public Administration or Master of Urban Planning degree programs at the NYU Wagner.
Lisa Ellen Goldberg Fellowship is hosted at the New York University, Wagner, in the United States
Lisa Ellen Goldberg Fellowship for Masters Students is opened to international students who are prospective or current students of New York University.
To be considered eligible for the Lisa Ellen Goldberg Fellowship, applicants must have;
- Far-reaching and nuanced intellectual curiosity
- Interest in people, their stories, and their experiences
- Steadfast dedication and emotional maturity
- Demonstrated success in a first career
- Love of culture and the arts.
- Passion for learning and problem-solving
- Playful imagination and enthusiasm for new ways of approaching old problems
- Thoughtful and articulate communication, both verbal and written
- The Lisa Ellen Goldberg Fellowship provides a full-tuition scholarship and is open to students admitted for full-time study in Master of Public Administration or Master of Urban Planning degree programs.
- In addition to financial support, Goldberg Fellows receive an NYU faculty mentor and also get the opportunity to access an unparalleled network of philanthropists, policymakers, academics, and leaders.
How to Apply
To apply for the fellowship;
- Submit your Fellowship Application Essay along with your online application to NYU Wagner for Fall 2021.
- The Fellowship Application Essay is included in the fellowship section of the online application; there is not a separate application.
- Fellowship applicants must also submit the one-minute video essay in the application in order to be considered.
- Those selected as fellowship semi-finalists will be invited to participate in Skype interviews with the Fellowship Selection Committee in early-to-mid February 2021.
You can access more information and commence the application by clicking on the fellowship link.
The deadline for Fall 2021 fellowship applications is November 30, 2020. All interested applicants are advised to submit their application on or before the deadline.