The University of Oxford invites applications for the Michael Wills Scholarships open to applicants for the 2021/2022 academic session.
They must be ordinarily resident in any of the below countries and be applying to any of the following full-time courses: MPhil Development Studies; MSc Economics for Development; MSc Global Governance and Diplomacy; MSc Migration Studies; and MSc Refugee and Forced Migration Studies.
The scholarships are funded through the support of the Dulverton Trust and the Oxford Department of International Development. The Dulverton Trust aims to support projects and people who can make a difference in the world, with particular focus on social issues, the natural world and heritage. The Dulverton graduate scholarships at Oxford form part of that vision, enabling outstanding scholars to undertake world-leading education at Oxford University, with the intention of using the experience and knowledge they gain to provide leadership in their home region after their studies.
Worth of Award
The scholarship covers course fees and a grant for living costs. Awards are made for the full duration of your fee liability for the agreed course.
- Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cabo Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Eligible candidates who are ordinarily resident in South Africa may also be considered.
- Applicants should intend to return to their country of ordinary residence on completion of their studies.
- Preference will be given to students from countries that have experienced conflict in the relatively recent past, and to students who have not already studied in the UK or the USA.
How to Apply
- The Michael Wills scholarship is one that you will be considered for automatically if you fulfil the eligibility criteria and apply for your course by the relevant January deadline.
- You will be automatically considered for the scholarship as part of the standard admissions process, or contacted directly by the University and invited to apply.
- Please see the Standard scholarship selection terms for more information about the application and selection process.
Deadline: apply for your course by the relevant January deadline and Selection is expected to take place by the end of May 2021.