Office of the High Commissioner UN Human Right Internship Programme: Internships for graduate students are available at the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR). This is aimed to increase the intern’s understanding of current human rights issues at the international level and give them an insight into the work of the United Nations and OHCHR in particular.
And also to provide Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights OHCHR and the United Nations Human Rights mechanisms with the assistance and contribution of outstanding young students or graduates.
Internship Sponsor(s): (OHCHR), United Nation
Internship to be taken at: (OHCHR), United Nation
Internship Type: Career development interventions
Internship level: Graduate trainee & Final year students
Internship Worth: Job training
Subject Eligibility: Human Right related courses
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International graduates
Equally Check: Rainoil Graduate Trainee Program for Nigerian Graduate 2020
Office of the High Commissioner UN Human Right Internship Program | Details
The relationship between the Organization and the intern is one of mutual benefit. Interns are assigned to an organizational unit of OHCHR according to the needs of the Office and their own areas of interest. They are involved, inter alia, in: researching human rights issues, drafting analytical papers and reports, providing substantive and technical servicing of meetings, backstopping fact-finding and technical cooperation activities as well as field operations and supporting other OHCHR activities, depending on the exigencies of the Office. As part of the internship program, OHCHR endeavours to brief interns through a series of information sessions on human rights issues conducted by staff of the Office.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Candidates are expected to attain the following eligibility criteria for the Office of the High Commissioner UN Human Right Internship Programme;
- Applicants must be a graduate.
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined above and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation, as provided for in section 11.4 of the present instruction.
- You are able to obtain the necessary visa and to arrange your travel to the United Nations.
- You are able to cover the costs of travel, accommodation, as well as living expenses of the internship (approx. 1.800 chf/month).
- If selected, you will be able to prove valid medical insurance coverage for your stay in Switzerland, provide a medical certificate stating that you are in good health and prove your enrolment in graduate studies.
- You are able to communicate fluently in English.
Scholarship Value and Benefits
The values of the Office of the High Commissioner UN Human Right Internship Programme include:
- Job training
- Career development
- Mentoring and coaching
You May Also Like: 2021 Egbin Industrial Attachment Programme for Nigerian Graduates
How-to-Apply: Interested and eligible applicants for Office of the High Commissioner UN Human Right Internship Programme should follow this link to apply.
Application Deadline: Ongoing