Cologne Graduate School of Ageing Research in Germany is inviting applications for the PhD Programme in Ageing Research for the 2021/2022 academic session.
They offer an international research environment, characterized by outstanding aging research, excellent supervision, early independence in research and state-of-the-art facilities. They are dedicated to providing first-class conditions for young scientists in a cutting edge and inspiring environment. Their competitive PhD Programme provides a world-class starting platform for a successful career in science.
The Programme is highly selective and invites outstanding university graduates wishing to work towards a PhD in the fields of ageing and age-related diseases to become part of the vibrant and international research scene in the Cologne/Bonn area.
Worth of Award
The CGA Coordination offers support in all personal and administrative matters including visa, residence permits, housing, the opening of bank accounts, insurances, contracts and all issues related to your PhD.
The following are the eligibility criteria;
- Their international and interdisciplinary faculty offers positions in the areas of cell or molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics, bioinformatics, bioengineering, pharmacology, neuroscience medical biology, translated medicine or related fields.
- They invite applicants with a Master’s or equivalent degree of the above mentioned or related fields.
- Applicants with a degree in medicine are equally welcome to apply provided they have sufficient relevant research experience.
- Furthermore, candidates require excellent written and spoken English skills (C1 level).
- Candidates are selected based on their academic qualifications and research accomplishments.
- Up to 30 candidates will be invited to an on-site selection week.
- Selected candidates can start their PhD position between July and October 2020.
- All accepted students will be enrolled through the University of Cologne.
How to Apply
To apply, visit the website and fill in the Online application form.
Deadline: Application closes November 15, 2020.