PhD Position in Structural Biology and Drug Discovery is intended to encourage interested students to get higher education at Valencia Catholic University in Spain. The funding opportunity is available for the academic session 2020/2021.
The PhD position focuses on the analysis of functional structures formed by the RNA genomes of Chikungunya virus and SARS-CoV-2, and the discovery of small-molecule antiviral agents acting on these motifs.
Clarity of Information
Fabulous chance to become a part of this wonderful opportunity.
Valencia Catholic University Saint Vincent Martyr is a well-known catholic university, located in Spain has 26 undergraduate degrees and 58 masters. It is recognized for holding excellence in teaching, learning, and scholarship.
Why study at Valencia Catholic University? The university supports the academic and professional internationalization experience of both Students and Staff. Here students have the opportunity to learn from the best faculty with great teaching facilities.
Application Deadline: October 15, 2020
- University or Organization: Valencia Catholic University
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Salary of €16,000 plus a €1,600 for travelling expenses
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- The award can be taken in Spain
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree programme in Structural Biology and Drug Discovery.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Graduates in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biology, or Pharmacy who have obtained their B.Sc. degree in a non-Spanish Institution after January 1st, 2016.
- Students with a Master’s title and a good command of English and/or Spanish will be preferred.
- Admission to the PhD school of UCV is required.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the opportunity
, all applications must apply via email to José Gallego (jose.gallego-at-ucv.es).
- Supporting Documents: Applications including a CV, academic record including average scores, a cover letter, and two references should be sent to the same address before the deadline.
- Admission Requirements: Candidates are required to hold their previous certificates of degree.
- Language Requirement: If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
Valencia Catholic University will offer a 3-year contract with a gross annual salary of approximately €16,000 plus a one-time payment of €1,600 for travelling expenses.