PhD Position In Synthetic Organic Chemistry In Netherlands:
The Fernández-Ibáñez group is currently offering a PhD position on an exciting research programme, which was funded by the NWO (ECHO grant) ‘Catalytic efficient methods for inter- and intramolecular Fujiwara-Moritani reactions’.
The objective of the present research program is directed towards the discovery and development of a general and efficient Pd(II)-based catalytic system for the (asymmetric) inter-and intramolecular C-H olefination of non-functionalized (hetero)arenes.
The University of Amsterdam is a university with an internationally acclaimed profile, located in the heart of the Dutch capital. As well as a world centre for business and research, Amsterdam is a hub of cultural and media activities. We are a member of the League of European Research Universities.
- Application deadline: 28 February 2021
- Course Level: Position is available for a PhD researcher.
- Study Subject: Synthetic Organic Chemistry
- Scholarship Award: The full-time appointment will be on a temporary base for a maximum period of four years (18 months plus a further 30 months after a positive evaluation) and should lead to a dissertation (PhD thesis). An educational plan will be drafted that includes attendance of courses and (international) meetings. Based on a full-time appointment (38 hours per week) the gross monthly salary will range from €2,325 in the first year to €2,972 in the final year, according to the Dutch salary scales for PhD candidates. This is excl. 8% holiday allowance and 8,3% end of year bonus.
- Nationality: Talented female researchers are eligible to apply for the position.
- Number of Scholarships: Number of position is not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: The students of the Netherlands can apply for this fellowship.
- Entrance Requirements:
- An MSc. degree in a relevant subject related to organic chemistry. If you have not finished your Masters yet, you can still apply. The starting date of your PhD contract will be slightly after the date that you obtain your Master;
- excellent lab skills and background in organic synthesis are essential;
- skills and experience in catalysis and organometallic chemistry will be beneficial;
- being able to work both independently and as a team member;
- good communication skills in the English language.
- English Language Requirements: Applicant must be fluent in English.
How to Apply: UvA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We value a spirit of enquiry and endurance, provide the space to keep asking questions and cherish a diverse atmosphere of curiosity and creativity.
You may apply using the link below.
Please upload the following information in a single PDF file (not zipped):
- cover letter/letter of motivation (at most 1 page), why did you choose to apply for this position;
- curriculum vitae, including the list of publications;
- the names and contact details (email and telephone numbers) of two academic references.
We will recruit until the position is filled. The selection process commences immediately but will close when a suitable candidate has been found, even if this prior to the final date of the application window. #LI-DNP