The University of Cape Town is currently accepting applications for the PhD Scholarship in Power Sector Investment and Market Transitions for the session 2020/2021.
The main purpose of this educational opportunity is to attract African participants in order to pursue a PhD degree programme at the university.
Clarity of Information
This program is a golden chance to South African students who wish to study a PhD program.
Founded in 1829, University of Cape Town is one of Africa’s leading teaching and research institutions. It is the highest-ranked African university in the QS World University Rankings and placed among the hundred best internationally.
Why study at the University of Cape Town? At this university, candidates can get the opportunities to achieve their individual aspirations and to become leaders in their chosen fields. Here, students will gain transferable skills that help them manage the different roles they may take on over their career.
Application Deadline: August 30, 2020
- University: University of Cape Town
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: R283,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: South African students
- The award can be taken in South Africa
- Eligible Countries: South Africa
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Research in one of these following areas: Chinese investments in the power sector in Africa or Distributed energy resources and power market transitions in Africa Transitions
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants should have a first-class academic record, a master’s degree in a relevant discipline, and will also have to demonstrate their ability and commitment to independent research within in a small and diverse team.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For applying, claimants are required to take admission in the doctoral degree program at the university. After taking affirmation, applicants can submit the applications to Fazlin Harribi: fazlin.harribi-at-gsb.uct.ac.za
- Supporting Documents: Applicants should submit a covering letter on their academic achievements motivation to undertake full-time PhD research and the rationale for their choice of research topic, and should include their academic transcripts as well as their CV and the names and contacts of three referees
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, candidates must meet all the entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: Seekers need to provide evidence of your English language ability as part of our application assessment process.
Benefits: The University of Cape Town will provide an award amount of R283,000 to the successful candidates.