QUEX Scholarship at the University of Queensland 2020/2021: A fully-funded PhD scholarship is available for both domestic and international students at University of Queensland. The scholarship will recognize candidates with exceptional academic achievement who wish to enroll in a research program at the University.
The University of Queensland and the University of Exeter are seeking exceptional students to join a world-leading, cross-continental research team tackling major challenges facing the world’s population in global sustainability and wellbeing as part of the recently launched QUEX Institute. The Fully-funded scholarships are available for the best applicants.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Queensland, Australia
Scholarships to be taken at: University of Queensland, Australia
Scholarship Type: Tuition award
Scholarship level: PhD
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded, $28,092 per annum tax-free (2020 rate), tuition fees
Subject Eligibility: PhD in Research
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Domestic & International students
Also Check: University of Queensland PhD International Scholarship in Australia 2020/21
Eligibility and Selection Criteria: Candidates are expected to posses the following eligibility criteria for the QUEX Scholarship at the University of Queensland 2020/2021;
- Applicants must be domestic or international students.
- The award is available for PhD research program offered by the University.
- Students enrolling full time in the Honours program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree certificate or equivalent in the relevant field
- Applicants must have MSc degree certificate or equivalent in the relevant field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Candidates holding current post-doc position should contact the office to determine their eligibility.
- Independent thinking and analytical aptitude for devising innovative scientific or technical solutions.
- Demonstrate capacity for effective independent work and as part of a team
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, motivation, flexibility and confidence
- Candidates must be highly motivated, responsible, and able to work independently in a structured manner, has good interpersonal and communication skill.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at University of Queensland, Australia.
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the University of Queensland’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
You May Also Like: Danish Government Scholarship at the University of Southern Denmark 2021
Application Procedures for QUEX Scholarship at the University of Queensland 2020/2021
To apply for a specific project under this scholarship, follow the link on the upper right of this page. There is no separate application for scholarship because you will have the opportunity to request scholarship consideration on the application for admission.
Before submitting an application you should:
Check your eligibility
Prepare your documentation
Select the chosen project you wish to apply for – You will need to enter the correct project title into the application
Take note of the name of the UQ QUEX Project supervisor – You will need to list this in your application
When you apply, please ensure that under the scholarships and collaborative study section you:
Select ‘My higher degree is collaborative’
Select ‘QUEX Institute Joint PhD’ from the options available
Select “I am applying for, or have been awarded, a scholarship or sponsorship”
Select ‘QUEX Institute PhD Scholarships’ from the options available
A fully-funded scholarship with $28,092 per annum tax-free (2020 rate), indexed annually, tuition fees and Overseas Student Health Cover (where applicable).A travel grant of AUD $8,500 per annum, and a training grant of AUD $3,000 are also available over the program.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2020