To provide a world-class education for high-calibre applicants, the Institute for Regional and International Studies is offering the Rangel International Affairs Graduate Fellowship Programme in the United States.
The purpose of this educational award is to support applicants who want to apply for a graduate degree for the academic year 2020-2021.
Clarity of Information
A wonderful chance for students in the USA.
IRIS is a world-leading university. It is a type of research centre that focuses on international studies, international relations, or area studies.
Why study at the Institute for Regional and International Studies? At this institute, aspirants can obtain the exciting fields of activity as well as several additional services. They provide their candidates not only the education but the skills and knowledge of their careers.
Application Deadline: October 14, 2020
- University or Organization: The Institute for Regional and International Studies
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Graduate
- Award: $84000 and others
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: US students
- The award can be taken in the United States
- Eligible Countries: USA
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The award is applicable for graduate coursework in any subject area
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- U.S. citizenship.
- Seeking admission to graduate school in fall 2021 for a two-year program in an area of relevance to the Foreign Service at a U.S.-based institution.
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.2 or higher on a 4.0 scale at the time of application
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for this award, seekers must take admission in a graduate degree program at the university. After being enrolled, you can apply for this grant.
- Supporting Documents: At the time of application, the university will ask you to submit your academic transcripts, language ability proof, and copy of your passport with the curriculum vitae.
- Admission Requirements: Before applying for this award program, you have to accomplish the admission requirements at the university.
- Language Requirement: Entrants require proving any proof that they are excellent in written and spoken in English.
- An orientation to the program and the Foreign Service at Howard University in Washington, D.C. in late spring 2021.
- Two summer internships, one on Capitol Hill in summer 2021 and one overseas at a U.S. embassy or consulate in summer 2022.
- Up to $84,000 over two years toward tuition, fees and living expenses for a two-year master’s degree in fields related to the Foreign Service such as Business Administration, Economics, Public Policy, and International Relations at a U.S.-based institution. Expanded graduate school program eligibility includes a range of management-related programs.
- Mentoring from a Foreign Service Officer throughout the duration of the fellowship.
- Employment in the State Department Foreign Service for those who successfully complete the program and meet Foreign Service entry requirements, in accordance with applicable law and State Department policy, with each Rangel Fellow committing to a minimum of five years of service.