RMIT University Scholarship for International Students 2020: You don’t want to miss out on financial support to help you through your studies. Find out how to find the right scholarship for you, when to apply and who is considered eligible. Apply for full tuition fee scholarship at RMIT University, Australia. This Scholarship is available for International undergraduate students seeking to enroll in a degree program at the University.
RMIT supports a comprehensive scholarship program that addresses some of the financial, educational and difficult circumstances that students can face through their studies. More than 2000 scholarships worth millions of dollars are awarded annually. Several grants are available to support you during your candidature to provide you with the opportunity to pursue excellence in your research.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): RMIT University, Australia
Scholarships to be taken at: RMIT University, Australia
Scholarship Type: Tuition award
Scholarship level: Undergraduate
Scholarship Worth: Full tuition and stipend of $5000 per year
Subject Eligibility: Various courses offered at the University
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students
Also Check: Montana State University MSU Presidential Scholarship in USA( Fully funded)
Eligibility and Selection Criteria: Candidates are expected to posses the following eligibility criteria for the RMIT University Scholarship for International Students 2020;
- Applicants must be international students.
- Students admitted into undergraduate degree program.
- The award is available for undergraduate courses offered at the University.
- Based on academic merit
- Students enrolling full time in the Honours program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Applicants must have a High school certificate or equivalent.
- Hold either a:
- Temporary Protection Visa (V785)or
- Safe Haven Enterprise Visa (SHEV)or
- Be a person seeking asylum on Bridging Visa E (BVE);
- Be a commencing or continuing full-time student enrolled or intending to enrol in semester 1, 2021 at RMIT University Melbourne campus (Melbourne CBD; Brunswick; Bundoora only);
- Have a program offer at RMIT University for semester 1 2021 in an eligible program* by 12 January 2021
- Be able to demonstrate financial disadvantage.
- Candidates must be highly motivated, responsible, and able to work independently in a structured manner and as good interpersonal and communication skill.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at RMIT University, Australia
- Application process based on merit and evidence of leadership.
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the RMIT University’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
You May Also Like: MasterCard Foundation Scholarship at University of Cape Town
Application Procedures for RMIT University Scholarship for International Students 2020
Complete the online application form by the application due date. In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must submit a complete online application. Partial applications will not be assessed.
Depending on your circumstances, you will need to provide different types of evidence and material to support your scholarship application. Applications without supporting documents will not be considered.
Please visit Supporting Your Application for more information.
You will need to provide the following:
A copy of your visa statement (it must include your full name)
Evidence of financial hardship:
if you are in receipt of Centre link payments you must provide a Centre link statement showing your Special Benefit (SB) or Status Resolution Support Services Payment (SRSS) dated within the last three months, with your full name visible; or
Provide your own financial documents confirming your financial status or financial documents from those who support you financially.
The documentation accepted is: the 2019-2020 ATO Notice of Assessment and 3 most recent payslips for yourself and all the people who support you financially
Letter of recommendation:
A letter of recommendation is a statement of support written by someone who knows you or is aware of your circumstances. RMIT will accept one of the following types of recommendations:
One letter from a community organisation with specialist services that support people seeking asylum or refugees who can confirm your membership or involvement with that organisation.
One letter from a teacher (current or past) or someone you know well who can highlight your academic and personal strengths and can include information about the type of social and/or emotional support that you have through family, friends or from your community as you look to commence further study.
RMIT assess applicants for this scholarship based primarily on financial need, however, as part of its ranking will consider:
Evidence of long term medical condition or disability which may have impacted your ability to study
Evidence of extenuating circumstances (e.g. carer duties) from applicants unable to study full-time, but will study part-time.
Application Deadline: December 14, 2020