Emory University in the USA is inviting applications for the Scholar Programmes for International Undergraduates for the 2020/2021 academic session.
Scholars take root at Emory. They provide everything you need to grow: a merit-based scholarship, exceptional programming, and opportunities for growth, and engagement with peers, faculty, and alumni, all of which support you in reaching your full potential.
As an Emory Scholar, you will be a valuable contributor to the Emory community, developing skills that are critical to making positive impacts in your community, your profession and the world. Scholar programs are more than just merit scholarships. They empower students through resources and support to reach their full potential and make an impact on the university, Atlanta, and the world beyond.
Table of Contents
Worth of Award
Emory University offers partial to full merit-based scholarships as part of the Emory University Scholar Programs.
To be eligible;
- Applicants do not need to be nominated by a high school counselor to be considered.
- All students, regardless of citizenship, can be considered for scholar programs.
- No additional nomination forms, essays, or materials are required to be considered.
How to Apply
To be considered for any and all scholar programmes;
- You must select one of the three admission decision plans (Early Decision I, Early Decision II, or Regular Decision)
- Submit all required application materials by the deadline
- You also must answer “yes” to the question on your application that says, “Do you wish to be considered for merit scholarships?”
- The selection for merit-based scholar programs is administered by the Office of Admission in partnership with esteemed faculty. The Scholar selection process is completely separate from the financial aid process and has no impact on a student’s need-based financial aid award.
- Roughly 8,000-10,000 students apply to be Scholars each year. Out of that, 175–200 students are selected as Scholar Finalists. Finalists are required to attend an on-campus Scholars Finalists Visit held in the spring. Finalists are brought to campus at no expense to the student.
- Taking place over several days, the visit includes activities and interviews designed to help finalists become better acquainted with Emory University and the distinct opportunities available for them here.
- Applicants who are not selected as finalists for a program are still fully reviewed for admission under their selected application plan and will also automatically be considered for other smaller merit-based scholarships.
Deadline: Application closes November 15, 2020.