Singapore International Graduate Award 2021: International students are invited to apply for the August 2021 intake for Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) to study in Singapore. The award is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).
SINGA fosters a vibrant and culturally diverse research community of international students working in a multi-cultural environment alongside distinguished and world-renowned researchers in state-of-the-art facilities. Singapore is the gateway to some of the fastest-growing economies in the Asia Pacific region. And with SINGA, candidates can pursue their PhD education in Singapore, establish global links and take their research career to greater heights.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR)/Collaborators
Scholarship to be taken at: Singapore
Scholarship level: Postgraduate (PhD)
Scholarship Worth: See scholarship benefits
Subject Eligibility: Biomedical Sciences, Physical Science and Engineering
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students.
See Also: Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship for International Students 2021
Singapore International Graduate Award 2021 | Details
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
To be considered for the Singapore International Graduate Award 2021 for Postgraduate Studies, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be international graduates with passion for research and excellent academic activities.
- Applicants must possess good skills in written as well as spoken English.
- Applicants may be asked to show proof of English language proficiency.
- Applicants must possess good academic credentials and also be ready for their referee to send in academic reports.
- Applicants must have obtained good grades in relevant bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong leadership ability.
The award provides support for up to 4 years of PhD studies including:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of S$2,000 which will be increased after passing the qualifying examination.
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000
Check Also: National University of Singapore ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarship 2021
How-to-Apply: Interested and eligible candidates for the for the Singapore International Graduate Award 2021 should click here apply for the scholarship.
Document Requirements: Applicants will be required to upload the following documents as part of the application process
- a copy of their passport, e recent passport-sized photograph (in .jpeg or .png format). All transcripts are to be translated in English.
- Bachelor and/or Master’s academic transcripts, certificates
- two recommendation reports to be submitted online by the referees.
- participating universities may require GRE/IELTS/TOEFL/SAT I&II/GATE results as part of the university admission requirement.
Application Deadline: 1st December, 2020 [New Deadline: 1 JANUARY 2021]