Roots of Impact and its partner Aqua invites applications from impact enterprises within the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) sector to provide them with Social Impact Incentives (SIINC), in 2020.
This application form is aimed at impact enterprises within the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) space. It is part of the Social Impact Incentives for Water, Sanitation and Hygiene program (SIINC for WASH) implemented by Roots of Impact and Aqua for All.
Social Impact Incentives (SIINC) is a results-based funding instrument that rewards high-impact enterprises for creating social impact. Non-repayable premium payments are provided based on outcomes achieved. Eligible enterprises are impactful businesses with a fully functioning and scalable business model. This excludes non-governmental and non-for-profit organizations. If you are eligible, the additional revenues coming from SIINC can enable you to improve profitability and attract investment(s) to scale.
Table of Contents
Worth of Award
- The Social Impact Incentives (SIINC) model is an innovative and catalytic financial instrument, where an outcome payer (e.g. a philanthropic organization, development agency or other donors) agrees to make time-limited payments to the enterprise based on the social impact generated by their operations.
- In order to benefit from these payments, the enterprise has to raise an investment round in parallel (e.g. equity, debt, mezzanine).
- The temporary SIINC payments act as an additional revenue stream to help
- Scope: The enterprises must be operational for at least three years, focus on WASH, and be based and/or active in Sub-Saharan Africa, the MENA region or Asia. They must be seeking repayable investment(s) of a minimum of € 500,000 to be potentially complemented by public or philanthropic funding.
- Business model: Although there are no specific constraints regarding the legal form, the enterprises need to have a business model and generate revenues out of their activities (e.g. fee-for-service, subscription, government revenues/subsidies…).
- Financial sustainability: The objective of SIINC for WASH is to support enterprises which will continue to generate positive impact long after the SIINC payments have ended. Thus, the enterprises must have either already achieved financial sustainability, or must have a clear plan for achieving breakeven in the short to medium term.
- Impact track-record: The support provided to the enterprises in this program takes the form of outcomes-based premiums, paid to incentivize positive social impact. In order to design a realistic payment schedule, it is necessary to have baseline data related to the impact generated by the enterprise. There should be a track-record of systematically monitored and reported indicators which can act as a basis for planning the SIINC payments.
- Impact focus: Enterprises that are gender-inclusive and target vulnerable and low-income groups, will be the main focus. Ventures that do not have a specific impact focus are also eligible if they prove to be willing and able to deliver positive social outcomes.
How to Apply
- Please fill the online form to apply
Deadline: The deadline to apply is September 27th, 2020 at 2.00 pm Central European Summer Time (CEST).