Sonali Bank Ltd is currently offering the Sonal Bank Education Stipend to Bangladesh students. Furthermore, the Sonali Bank Scholarship is open to students of all levels ranging from high school, undergraduates, graduates and postgraduates. Eligible students can apply. Also, do well to read the scholarship circular and see the previous results as you go through this article.
In addition, the Sonali Scholarship is part of the bank’s corporate social responsibility. Therefore, the bank offers the scholarship as their way of giving back to the community and country at large.
Level/Field of Study
The Sonal Bank Education Scholarship is hosted in Bangladesh. Sonal Bank is also the largest State Owned Leading Commercial Bank in Bangladesh.
Bangladesh students who meet up with the eligibility criteria can apply for the Sonal Bank Education Stipend.
However, are you worried about the funds to pursue your degree? Worry no more, there are limitless fundings for international students from various countries on our platform.
If successful, applicants will receive a stipend of 10,000 Taka. However, this Sonal Scholarship amount is a one-time stipend.
In addition to being a Bangladesh citizen, applicants must also fulfil the following criteria:
For HSC Level:
Applicants must have a minimum of 4.00-grade point average in SSC or equivalent exams. However, in the case of physical disability and freedom fighters’ children, students must have a minimum GPA of 3.50.
For Graduate Level:
Applicants must have 5.00-grade point average in HSC or equivalent exam. However, in the case of physical disability and freedom fighters’ children, students must have a minimum GPA of 3.00.
For Postgraduate Level:
Applicants must have a Bachelor Degree with minimum GPA of 2.75.
In addition to the pass marks above, it is also important to note the following:
- Applicants can apply if their fathers/ guardians monthly income below 10,000 takas.
- Also, applicants of Chor, Hawr, Coastal area, economically underdeveloped & Farmers, Day Laborer’s, Tribals children get priority for the scholarship.
How to Apply For Sonali Bank Scholarship | Education Stipend 2020
The Sonali Scholarship application is an online application on the Sonali bank website. You can also do so by clicking on the link below:
In addition, applicants have to write an application in white page and also, attach the following documents:
- Testimonial of present educational institute
- Academic Transcripts of educational life
- Citizenship certificate
- Also, Certificate of economical condition
- Testimonial of Monthly Income Statement from the chairman of UP or municipality mayor
- Testimonial of Government Employee guardians salary from the proper authority
- Freedom fighters certificate for freedom fighters’ children
- Autistic Certificate for autistic applicants from District Social Service Office
- Certificate of extra co-curricular activities of students’ life if present.
- Finally, Two copies of passport size photographs.
Also, note that incomplete application will not be considered for the scholarship. In addition, any decision of scholarship authority is the final.
Unfortunately, the bank is yet to release the Sonali Bank Scholarship Circular 2020. However, the scholarship application starts November and ends by December. In addition, we advise interested applicants to check back on this site or the scholarship link below for updates on the scholarship.
For more information on the Sonali Bank Education Stipend, click on the link below:
Furthermore, applicants can also visit the link below to read the guideline of the previous years: