Kaunas University of Technology in Lithuania invites applications for state funded PhD studies in the 2020/21 academic session.
KTU welcomes you to study PhD in one of 19 fields of science in technological, natural, and social sciences, and humanities.
Students admitted to state-funded places of doctoral studies receive a scholarship of the amount established by the Government of the Republic of Lithuania during the period of studies.
Worth of Award
During the first year of studies state-funded doctoral student receives 741 Eur/month, during 2-4 year of studies the sholarship is 858 Eur/month.
Doctoral students may expect additional funding:
- Scholarships of the Research Council of Lithuania and KTU Funds are awarded for excellent results of studies and scientific research
- Financial incentive of KTU Doctoral Fund for scientific activities of doctoral students
- Financial incentive of the Research Council of Lithuania for academic visits of doctoral students
- Support of KTU Fund of International Scientific Events for participation in the international scientific conferences, seminars, and science competitions.
- Students admitted to state-funded positions are exempted of tuition fee for a period up to 48 months
- You must meet the eligibility requirement for admission into the degree programme
How to Apply
- Fill in the application form online
Upload required documents online (only PDF format):
- Copy of ID card or passport
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of application fee payment (40 EUR for EU citizens, and 100 EUR for non-EU citizens)
- Official legalised Bachelor’s and Master’s diplomas or a higher education degree equivalents and academic transcripts
- References by two academic referees or researchers from the relevant field of science
- List of scientific publications
- Copies of scientific publications
- Research proposal on the selected topic (if required for a certain programme)
- Certificate of English proficiency: IELTS >=6.5, TOEFL>=90, ECFR>=C1, or equivalent
- Other relevant documents
The failure to provide on time all required documents will result in the exclusion from the competition.
Special requirements for certain programmes are indicated in the Admission Regulations.
Participate in motivational interview
- at Kaunas University of Technology, K. Donelaičio St. 73, Kaunas, Lithuania
Sign study contract at Kaunas University of Technology, K. Donelaičio St. 73, rooms 422 and 423, Kaunas, Lithuania
(Passport or ID is required, as well as originals or apostilled/notarized copies of diplomas).
Deadline: Deadline is September 17, 2020.