The Ernst & Ethel Ericksen Trust invites applications for Study Grants for Masters and Doctorate Degrees in the 2020/21 academic session.
The Ernst & Ethel Ericksen Trust was established by Ethel Eriksen in the early 1980s. The trust provides study grants to students doing postgraduate study and has enabled scholars from all walks of life to fulfil their dreams, and in so doing benefit South Africa.
The trust has for more than twenty years, enabled scholars from all walks of life to fulfill their dreams, and in so doing, to benefit South Africa. It is a fitting memorial to a truly remarkable couple.
Table of Contents
Worth of Award
- The amount awarded will not exceed R20 000 for the proposed year of study.
- Payment of study grants for those successful applicants is made directly to the university where the applicant has indicated he/she will be studying.
- The student must be a South African citizen.
- Study must be at a South African university.
- Students must have completed their honours in order to apply.
How to Apply
- Applications open on 1 August and close on 30 September.
- Applications are for a study grant for the following academic year.
- All bursaries are granted for one year only. Applicants must reapply for each successive year.
- All applications must be submitted online. Posted applications will not be considered.
- Once submitted, the application is checked to ensure all required information has been provided. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The applications are submitted to the Board of Trustees of the Ernst and Ethel Eriksen Trust.
- Applicants are informed of the status of their application towards the end of December.
- The application form requires you to specify what your anticipated income will be, your estimated expenditure and the total amount you are applying for.
Deadline: applications close September 30, 2020