The University of Birmingham/IDP Outstanding Achievement Scholarships In UK 2020:
Applications are open for the IDP Outstanding Achievement Scholarships organized by the University of Birmingham. The scholarship is open for Singaporean students applying for entry to a full-time undergraduate degree program at the University of Birmingham UK campus.
The scholarship award is for £3000 towards tuition fees for the first year only of a full-time undergraduate degree program at the University starting September 2019.
Birmingham has been challenging and developing great minds for more than a century. Characterized by a tradition of innovation, research at the University has broken new ground, pushed forward the boundaries of knowledge and made an impact on people’s lives.
- Applications Deadline: June 14, 2020
- Course Level: These scholarships are open to pursuing an undergraduate degree program.
- Study Subject: These scholarships will be awarded in the field of Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship award is for £3000 towards tuition fees for the first year only of a full-time undergraduate degree programme at the University of Birmingham UK campus, starting September 2020.
- Nationality: Singaporean applicants are eligible.
- Number of Scholarships: There are two scholarships available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
- Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available to students from Singapore.
- Entrance Requirements: Note that students already registered and studying on a programme at the University of Birmingham in the UK, and students applying for MBChB Medicine and Surgery or BDS Dental Surgery are not eligible for this scholarship.
- In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- Have received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice for a full-time undergraduate programme starting September 2019. The student must be entering the first year of an undergraduate programme based at the Birmingham UK campus.
- Meet the academic conditions of their offer to the programme.
- Be classed as Singapore domiciled and a Singaporean national.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee payment and should be able to fund the remaining costs of their studies at Birmingham from other sources.
- Have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
- Start their studies at the University in September 2019, the scholarship award may not be deferred. Be registered with, and have their undergraduate study application attached to our local representatives – IDP Singapore.
- To apply for the scholarship students will need to have accepted an offer from the University of Birmingham and be in contact with IDP Singapore by 14 June 2020.
How to Apply: To apply for the scholarship students will need to have accepted an offer from the University of Birmingham and be in contact with IDP by 14 June 2019. Selection for the award will be based on academic performance. Students will be shortlisted for interviews which are to be held in July 2019 (date TBC) in Singapore. The scholarships will be announced shortly after the interview.
The full scholarship will be awarded upon enrolment on studies in September 2020. Students already registered and studying on a programme at the University of Birmingham are not eligible for the award.