Thuthuka SAICA Bursary Programme in South Africa:
If you wish to become a Chartered Accountant, then you can join the Thuthuka SAICA Bursary Programme provided by Matric Assist South Africa.
The programme is open for academically talented African students who are going to enrol in a bachelors of Commerce degree programme in South Africa.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2020
- University or Organization: Matric Assist South Africa
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Grade 12 and bachelors
- Award: Tuition, books, meals, residence fees and accommodation
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: South Africa
- The award can be taken in South Africa
- Eligible Countries: South Africa
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate degree in Commerce.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Applicants must be a South African citizen
- Aspirants must be black African or Coloured
- Candidates must be either in Grade 12, out of school (with Matric) or a university student currently studying a CA-stream BCom degree.
- Aspirants have enough points to qualify for university entrance and intend to study a BCom Accounting (CA-stream) degree
- Aspirants have applied for a BCom Accounting (CA-stream) degree at a SAICA-accredited university offering the Thuthuka programme.
- Aspirants come from a family that has a combined income of R350,000 or less and cannot financially support your tertiary education
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To book your place in the program, aspirants have to complete the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: Applicant’s ID, parent/guardian id, parent/guardian salary slip, copies of id documents of persons dependent on family income, final grade 11 results, final grade 12 results (if completed degree 12), full university transcript (if already at university), university provisional acceptance letter.
- Admission Requirements: Aspirants must have obtained at least 60% (5 or above on the NSC Scale of achievement) in Mathematics in Grade 11 or Matric and write and pass the National Benchmark Test.
- Language Requirement: Candidates must have to demonstrate proficiency in written and spoken the English language.
The bursary will provide the following:
- academic support, including various academic enrichment programmes such as additional tutorials, study skills workshops and more
- social and emotional support
- work-readiness and life skills training
- mentoring and counselling
- access to dedicated programme manager exposure to experienced chartered accountants and business leaders as mentors.