The Sheffield Hallam University is inviting applications for its Transform Together Scholarships for International and European Union Students in the UK 2021.
Scholarships are awarded to students who can demonstrate excellent academic achievement. Applicants also need to describe how they will stand out from the crowd as an ambassador for Sheffield Hallam University during and after their studies.
The University can trace their roots right back to 1843, when the Sheffield School of Design was founded to provide skilled designers to support Britain’s industry. In the early days they were a somewhat smaller institution. Lessons were given in the Bath Saloon, a rented room above the baths on Glossop Road, which is now home to a pub. Lessons had an average attendance of 32 people. They later moved into the purpose-built Sheffield School of Art on Arundel Street.
Worth of Award
A half fee waiver (50% discount) is available for postgraduate courses* and for each year of an undergraduate degree.
To be eligible to apply for one of these scholarships you must
- be an international or a European Union (non-UK) fee-paying student
- (postgraduate only) – have achieved a minimum 2.1 or equivalent in your honours degree and must meet the English and academic entry requirements for your course.
- (undergraduate only) – have achieved the English and academic entry requirements for the course. If you are awarded an undergraduate scholarship, you must successfully complete each year of study to continue to receive the fee waiver.
- have accepted an offer for a full-time taught undergraduate or postgraduate course at Sheffield Hallam University.
- be fully self-funding your studies. Please see their frequently asked questions if you are unsure if this applies to you.
- be able to pay any additional fees your course may require, for example field trips
- not have already started the course for which you are applying for a scholarship. See their frequently asked questions for more details.
How to Apply
To apply for a Transform Together Scholarship for January 2021, please follow these steps
- Apply for a course at Sheffield Hallam. If you have not applied for a course, please visit our online prospectus
- Check you meet the scholarship eligibility criteria listed below
- When you have accepted an offer to study on a course here, apply for a scholarship online using the link below by the closing date
- Scholarship application form
- Send your academic transcripts to [email protected] by the deadline
- You will be notified if you have been successful within one month of the deadline. All decisions are at the University’s discretion and are final
Deadline: Application closes on November 1, 2020.