TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme in Thailand, 2020:
Applications are invited from qualified young scientists from developing countries (excluding Thailand) to apply for the 2020 TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral advance research in biotechnology to be taken at the National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC) in Thailand.
TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowships are to be taken at BIOTEC and its affiliated research units for a period of twelve (12) to twenty-four months and are awarded to young scientists who are citizens of developing countries (excluding Thailand) to help them pursue advanced research in biotechnology. BIOTEC will make available standard monthly allowance to cover for living costs.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): TWAS-BIOTEC
Fellowship to be taken at: Thailand
Fellowship level: Postdoctoral
Fellowship Worth: Fully Funded
Subject Eligibility: Molecular Biology, Molecular Genetics, Biotechnology, Proteomics, Metabolomics, Molecular Immunology, Biochemistry, Medical Technology, Cell Culture Technology, Bioprocess technology.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The fellowship candidates from developing countries.
Fellowship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme in Thailand, 2020, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be nationals of developing countries other than Thailand.
- Applicants must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Thailand or any developed country.
- Applicants must hold a PhD degree in any of the following fields: molecular biology, molecular genetics, biotechnology, proteomics, metabolomics, molecular Immunology, biochemistry, medical technology, cell culture technology and bioprocess technology or related disciplines.
- Applicants must meet the requirements for the postdoctoral positions available at BIOTEC and its research units.
- Apply for the fellowship within THREE years of having obtained a PhD degree in a field of the natural sciences specified above.
- Applicants must not be more than 40 years old by the date of the submission of their application.
- Be regularly employed at a research and/or teaching institution in their home country where they must hold a research assignment.
- Provide an official Acceptance Letter from BIOTEC. Requests for acceptance must be directed to the BIOTEC Research Support Division (email firstname.lastname@example.org) who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting BIOTEC, applicants must accompany their request for an Acceptance Letter with copy of: their CV, a research proposal outline, doctorate degree transcript, abstract of dissertation, a statement of intent and three recommendation letters.
- Applicants must provide evidence of proficiency in English, if the medium of instruction was not English.
- Provide evidence that he/she will return to his/her home country on completion of the fellowship.
- Not take up other assignments during the period of his/her fellowship and be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
Application Procedures for the TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme in Thailand, 2020
Application for the TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme can ONLY be submitted via the online portal. Applicants are to submit their Acceptance Letter from the BIOTEC Research Support Division when applying or by the deadline.
Application Deadline: 31st August, 2020