Two PhD Positions in Experimental Nanoscale Physics In India:
There are two studentships available for those eligible candidates who wish to pursue the PhD degree coursework at SRM for the academic year 2020-21.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2020
- University: SRM Institute of Science and Technology
- Department: Department of Physics
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Two
- The award can be taken in Chennai, India
- Eligible Countries: If you want to know about the nationality contact Dr Abhay Sagade abhaya-at-srmist.edu.in
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Research topics in experimental nanoscience and nanotechnology
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- First Class or equivalent in both Bachelor’s (B.Sc./BS/B.Tech.) and Master’s degrees(M.Sc./MS/M.Tech.) in Physics or Electronics, Nanotechnology/Materials Science with specialization in Solid State Physics/Condensed Matter Physics/Materials Science/Nanotechnology/Electrical Engineering.
- Those who have appeared for their Master’s degree final examinations and waiting for the results are also eligible to apply.
- The successful candidate is expected to use existing equipment, build new facilities, and develop novel skills in nanostructured materials synthesis, device fabrications, electrical measurements, and scientific publications in peer-reviewed papers & patents.
- Any Indian national level test qualified applicant will be given preference.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for the award, applicants are required to take admission in a PhD program at the university. After that, they should directly contact Dr Abhay Sagade ([email protected]) for the application process of the grant.
- Supporting Documents: A cover letter (strictly less than 2 pages which contains research experience, motivation and skills), the contact information of two references and curriculum vitae (academic details of years of passing, grades, academic activities, prizes, awards, etc.)
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must meet all entry requirements of SRM University.
- Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
The SRM Institute of Science and Technology will provide all the following benefits:
- Three years SRMIST-Scholarship to pursue PhD at world-class University.
- Cutting-edge research topics in experimental nanoscience and nanotechnology.
- Opportunity to work and visit several national and international institutions to develop in-depth knowledge and skills. To take part in exchange programs.
- Possibility of Teaching Assistantship to gain experience in teaching.
- On-campus hostel facility with necessary amenities for sports, food and entertainment.
- To present your research work in international conferences and workshops.