Academically excellent and outstanding international students are considered for scholarships on getting admission to the University of British Columbia, Canada. So, why wait to apply at UBC to win the Outstanding International Student Award and fulfill your dream to study in Canada?
The UBC Outstanding International Student Award is a one-time, merit-based entrance scholarship awarded to qualified students once they are offered admission to UBC. Students selected for this UBC Scholarship show strength academically and also have powerful extracurricular engagements.
The University of British Columbia is a public institution located in the Canadian province of British Columbia. The university was established in 1908 and opened in 1915. It has two main campuses – the Vancouver campus and the Okanagan campus located in Kelowna. The Vancouver campus is the larger of the two, accommodating more than 85 percent of UBC students.
In recent years, 23 percent of students at the Vancouver campus and around 13 percent at the Okanagan campus were international. Tuition costs at UBC vary by degree program and are higher for international students. University housing is guaranteed for first-year UBC undergraduates, and newly admitted international students who are second-year undergrads receive housing priority too. Housing is also available for returning undergraduate and graduate students.
Just take your time and go through this article, the World Scholarship Forum has arranged every detail you need to be a participant in the UBCOutstanding International Student Award
What You Need To Know About The UBC Outstanding International Student Award
You will be considered for this scholarship shortly after you receive an offer of admission to UBC. UBC will start making scholarship decisions in February 2020.
LEVEL / FIELD OF STUDY:
The scholarship is available for undergraduate students who want to pursue their study in Canada
The scholarship is to be taken in Canada to study at the University of British Columbia. If you are an international student and you wish to study in Australia, this is for you Latest Australian Permanent Residency Visa & Citizenship Requirements
This UBC scholarship is available for international students. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
- When you receive an award or scholarship, you join a community of engaged and supportive young leaders who enrich UBC with their diverse perspectives, involvement, and innovation.
- While studying at a global top 40 university, and North America’s most international university, you’ll have the chance to grow, connect, research, and innovate.
- UBC offers a wide range of opportunities inside and outside the classroom – from co-ops and undergraduate research to clubs and study abroad – to round out your degree and help you contribute to the university’s thriving community.
To be considered for an OIS Award, you must:
- be new to UBC, entering directly from secondary school or post-secondary (university or college)
- be an international student studying at UBC on a Canadian study permit (student visa). (Changes to your citizenship status will affect your scholarship eligibility.)
- demonstrate outstanding academic achievement and strong extracurricular involvement
- apply to UBC by January 15
How To Apply For The UBC OIS Award
If you apply to UBC by January 15, you will be automatically considered for the OIS Award.
The scholarship is not ongoing, but when it starts we will update you.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. Remember to leave a comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question.