University of Kent NIHR School for Social Care Research Scholarship: Applications are invited for full-time PhD scholarship to be based in the Personal Social Services Research Unit (PSSRU) and the Tizard Centre in the School of Social Policy and Social Research (SSPSSR) at University of Kent. The studentship is funded by the NIHR School for Social Care Research (NIHR SSCR).
The doctoral student must conduct research relevant to adult social care practice in England and in line with the NIHR SSCR’s Business Plan. NIHR SSCR outlines that the term ‘adult social care’ refers to provision of personal and practice care and support that people may need because of their age, illness, cognition, disability or other circumstances. Funding will be provided for a studentship starting in January 2021, and includes: a stipend of £15,500 per year
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Kent, UK
Scholarships to be taken at: University of Kent, UK
Scholarship Type: Tuition award
Scholarship level: PhD
Scholarship Worth: Stipend of £15,500 per year & £10,000 research cost
Subject Eligibility: School of Social policy and Social care
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Domestic & International students
Also See: University of Queensland Higher Degree by Research Top Up Scholarship
Eligibility and Selection Criteria: Candidates are expected to posses the following eligibility criteria for the University of Kent NIHR School for Social Care Research Scholarship;
- Applicants must be domestic or international students.
- The award is available for Doctoral research program in Social policy and Social care offered by the University.
- Students enrolling full time in the Honours program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree certificate or equivalent in the relevant field
- Applicants must have MSc degree certificate or equivalent in the relevant field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Independent thinking and analytical aptitude for devising innovative scientific or technical solutions.
- Demonstrate capacity for effective independent work and as part of a team
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, motivation, flexibility and confidence
- Candidates must be highly motivated, responsible, and able to work independently in a structured manner, has good interpersonal and communication skill.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at University of Kent, UK
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the University of Ken’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
You May Also Like: University of Cambridge International PhD Research Scholarship
Application Procedures for University of Kent NIHR School for Social Care Research Scholarship
In order to be considered for the studentship, applicants should apply via the University of Kent’s online application system by Friday 27 November (23.59) and ensure that all documentation including references are submitted on time. As part of the application process applicants will be asked to submit a research proposal explaining the work to be undertaken during the studentship that is in line with the NIHR SSCR’s business plan and the research interests of PSSRU and Tizard Centre (maximum 2,500 words including references). The research proposal should explore potential plans for remote data collection during the coronavirus pandemic.
Informal enquiries regarding academic matters, studying at Kent or your potential research plans should be made to Dr Michelle McCarthy (M.McCarthy@kent.ac.uk) or Dr Karen Jones (K.C.Jones@kent.ac.uk). Enquiries regarding the application process should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: November 27, 2020