WISE Funding for Women in STEM, USA:
If you are interested in pursuing a career in the STEM field, here is an excellent opportunity for you to apply for the WISE award in the USA. The programme is designed by Dr Alexander Sobel for the academic year 2020-2021.
The educational award empowers female Washington residents who are pursuing a degree in a STEM-related field at an institution of higher learning.
Application Deadline: July 24, 2020
- University or Organization: Anderson Sobel Cosmetic Surgery
- Department: NA
- Course Level: All degree programs
- Award: $1,500
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: US (Washington resident)
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: USA
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs in a STEM-related field. STEM subjects include Chemistry, Computer & Information Technology Science, Engineering, Life Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Physics, Astronomy, Social Sciences, and STEM Education and Learning Research. For the full list of eligible majors click here.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a female Washington resident.
- Must be pursuing a degree in a STEM-related field* at an institution of higher learning.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for the award, applicants must complete and submit the application form.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit one letter of recommendation with valid contact information and provide original essay answers.
- Admission Requirements: Must be Washington residents pursuing education in a STEM field.
- Language Requirement: A good knowledge of English is a plus point to become a part of this application
Each scholar will get $1,500 funding for the academic year 2020-2021. The award is to be used toward tuition and educational expenses, including but not limited to: textbooks, supplies (paper, pens, notebooks, etc.), required technology, on-campus dining, housing, and transportation costs.